A look into Metallo's spring loaded clip.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Does your Metallo clip feel soft or lost it's firmness!
Well you can fix this using a jeweler's screwdriver

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1132.JPG
    1-IMG_1132.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 2-IMG_1133.JPG
    2-IMG_1133.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 3-IMG_1134.JPG
    3-IMG_1134.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

'scuse me while I show my ignorance. Other styles have this feature, too. Is a spring clip a useful feature, or something unnecessary?

If it lets us make a fatter or skinnier barrel, or clip it to thicker clothing, then I guess I answered my question.

johncrane

Brian! i'm not sure on other styles, i've only used the Metallo 8m tubed kit/Parker with a spring loaded clip. what i found on 1 or 2, kits there was a difference in clip tension, so i went looking as to why this was happening and what i found was a loose screw, which is a simple fix,while it was in bits i thought id take a few photos to share here so you can see how a spring loaded clip works and how it can be tightened up. Now after using the Metallo for a while now, i find putting it in and out of a coat pocket is very smooth and easy i like it.
Time will tell if the clip comes loose again, if it does i will put a drop of Loctite on the screw.

Last edited:
Am I missing a step? The first picture is the clip still in the cap. The last two are the clip separated. So is the fix stretching the spring or retightening the screw. Thanks

johncrane

John in the 3 photos shows 3 complete and untouched Metallo caps! for reference only and i'm showing the parts that go into making up a spring loaded clip,
if you have a Metallo Pen with a soft acting clip You Do Not Have To Pull The Cap Apart just check for a loose screw and tighten it up inside the cap housing. sorry to confuse things i should've put the first photo last.

Last edited:
Top Bottom