A Little Table (Pics)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

THis is a little table that I built for my Mom's Kitchen. It is a taller table to accomodate her stool. She wanted a little table that would fit in her smallish Kitchen where she could write letters and pay her bills and such. It is based very loosely on Shaker Style. It's 38" tall, 24" wide, 17" deep. I used some of the lumber that I got from the .45 cent a board foot soft maple that was sold on the forum last year. Legs have about 5 degrees of taper. The apron is 4", and is attached to the legs with mortise and tenon joinery. (My first attempt at it) The top is attached with figure 8's. The finish is Tung Oil.

MomsTable010.jpg

MomsTable011.jpg

I found one really nice board that I was able to make the top out of.

MomsTable002.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

don't laugh it up :biggrin: i was in a furniture store the other day and seen a little table. all i could think was how many blanks, hhhmmmmm

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
An excellent design and execution. Especially impressive as you had to learn some new techniques to make it. The top is lovely.

Fred

Mom ought to be very pleased indeed. I do believe I see your favorite pie being made in the very near future. And along those lines you might ought to get busy and make her a serving platter to compliment the wood used in the table.

And the list could continue on and on and on ...

VisExp

John, the table looks beautiful. The tapered legs really set it off and the grain on the top is very nice. Did you cut the taper using a bandsaw or did you make a jig for your table saw?

JWS Penworks

John, the table looks beautiful. The tapered legs really set it off and the grain on the top is very nice. Did you cut the taper using a bandsaw or did you make a jig for your table saw?
I used a taper jig that I picked up cheap at a Woodworking show last year, and cut them on the table saw.

Thanks!
John

ahoiberg

The top is attached with figure 8's.

Thanks!
John

clearly i'm blind. i didn't even notice you answered this question in the initial description of the table. thanks for replying anyway! ;)

you've inspried me to give something like this a shot.

Tn-Steve

I think that it's really neat that you made a pen out of some of the leftover wood from the table. That's something I probably wouldn't have considered, but it really adds to the "Special" factor for the project.

Steve

Top Bottom