A Little Inspiration and a Lot of Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I had ruined a Hybrid Cigar a while ago and decided it would be a great opportunity to try some new things as well as try some mods.

This is a hybrid cigar component set with the following mods:
1. New nib turned on my midi lathe using the pen material and epoxied to the tip.
2. Upper barrel eliminated most of the centerband as well as resized to the same size as the lower barrel
3. Finial replaced with pen body material
4. Guts shortened just a bit to accomodate the modifications.

It was a fun experiment and I now have a new daily user!
Thanks for all the great ideas I have gleaned from here and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• PC280174.jpg
    PC280174.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 355
  • PC280179.jpg
    PC280179.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

I would say it is different looking as I look at it more. I would do some things differently in future tries with this type of pen. Thanks for the comments!

cwolfs69

i like it. i have thought many time about losing that extra stuff on the upper barrel and slimming the upper barrel to the lower size. now that i have seen it i may just give it a whirl. no nerve yet to make my own finials.
looks great

SDB777

When you state that you "shortened the guts"....what did you do?

And I'm really liking that new centerband! Always thought the centerbands on cigars needed a little 'help'....

Scott (does the 'cap' come off) B

Buzzzz4

When you state that you "shortened the guts"....what did you do?

And I'm really liking that new centerband! Always thought the centerbands on cigars needed a little 'help'....

Scott (does the 'cap' come off) B

The center comes apart to allow for the ink refill to be changed. The rest of it has been glued together. With cigar pens, there is a tube attached to the clip holder. I took that apart with a punch and sanded it shorter as well as shortening the metal part that holds on the clip. This will shorten the top of the pen to allow for less centerband material. I then used red locktite and pressed the tube back onto the clip holder. I hope I'm making sense. Here is a photo of the parts.

Attachments

• PC290176.jpg
    PC290176.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom