A little different project...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

I turned this for a contest on a different forum. It has a cherry base, holly legs, box elder body with cherry rim, and 2 cherry finials. It has a spray lacquer finish. Comments are welcome... Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 426
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

BRAVO, Buon amico! Magnifico. Sembra meglio di fine art italiana!

In case you can't understand my accent, since your family moved to the big city:

Well done, it is fine art!!!!

I can't wait to see this, CLOSE UP!

Russell Eaton

Glenn it is at the Woodturners America forum. This piece tried to get the best of me. I turned 8 finials for the top, only to glue one on have a "incident" and it break. Then back to the drawing board. Thanks for the comments. Russell

bitshird

Beautiful Piece Russell, are you going to bring that to the Turning Southern Style week after next?? It sure would look nice in the Instant Gallery!!!

Russell Eaton

Ken if I bring that out of the house I may be looking for a new place to live. I gave it to my wife....nuf said.
Jeff the lacquer is spray Deft gloss. I got it from LOWES. I can't find it at H.D. and the price is about 6$ a can. I put on 3 coats, let sit for a day then sanded with 600 grit. Then applied 1 more coat. I did not buff, it was too fragile and I was tired of making replacement pieces...LOL

Top Bottom