A little blue Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This might be the first post of a Jr. Emperor. I got my kits from the group buy late last week, my Beall collet chuck on Friday and the collets today. I was waiting on the collet chuck to do this. Lapis Lazuli Tru Stone from CSUSA, beautiful stuff with lots of gold veining. Once I figure out how to get the nib apart, I have a 14K nib from Anthony that goes on this and a Schmidt converter. I will have this for sale at a show in a couple of weeks, a college town and the school colors are blue and gold.

20067254021_JrEmpOpen.jpg

Comments welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

Beautiful Jerry ...Great choice of material for that kit!

How does it turn??? Ive heard it is hard to turn tru stone and kinda rough on your chisels...Nevertheless, That one is worth it,,,BEAUTIFUL PEN!

gerryr

Thanks for all the kind comments. This is the fourth pen I've made from Tru Stone and this one was definitely harder to turn than the others. I re-sharpened my round nose scraper 4 times on each barrel. I don't know why this blank is different, maybe the gold stuff is more abrasive. The other two colors I did were pretty easy.

marvok

Great looking pen,i would like to know how the nib comes apart as well.

thewishman

I love lapis - was afraid to try the tru-stone because the blank in the catalog looked monochromatic. Your pen looks fantastic! The gold veining really makes it stand out.

Three thumbs up! (I'm all thumbs, so I can give more than two.)

Chris

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=6707&SearchTerms=nib

This is the definitive education on nibs, from the "nib-master" Anthony.

Don't start reading unless you have some time-but it is GOOD-I have it in my shop as the "bible" on nibs.

Oh, and finding it was easy-on page 9 of 9 doing a search for nibs and penworks, so all you had to do is know Anthony wrote it and it was "findable".

gerryr

Ed,
The problem with this one is that it is a bit different from the Baron nib which I have replaced before and it did not want to come out. I was finally able to get it out, but it took a LOT of wiggling.[:0] But thanks for the link, I will use it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I had the same problem not too long ago with a Churchill. Finally got it out, but only after two reasurring conversations with Anthony that it WOULD come out.

Roy99664

Beautiful Pen Gerry!

I have been looking for a blank of about that color. In your opinion would engraving with gold colorfill work with that blank?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom