A list to start with. How'd I do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

If i were to add my .02 worth i would say on the collets to check out (800watt) on ebay, you can usually bid on them and get em cheaper than $130, i think i paid around $65 shipped, less than half of what you found. Also, while Curtis said that lathe comes with a live Center, you may want to consider buying the one you had listed only because the stock live centers that the mini lathes generally come with are very cheap and the point is not a true 60 degrees, which is what you want when using it with the pen mandrel.

PenMan1

If i were to add my .02 worth i would say on the collets to check out (800watt) on ebay, you can usually bid on them and get em cheaper than $130, i think i paid around $65 shipped, less than half of what you found. Also, while Curtis said that lathe comes with a live Center, you may want to consider buying the one you had listed only because the stock live centers that the mini lathes generally come with are very cheap and the point is not a true 60 degrees, which is what you want when using it with the pen mandrel.

I don't think much of the "included" live center from Delta. I have had good luck with the CSUSA $17-19 60 degree live center.

The problem with the stock center is that the first time you use it, you "mush" the point and it is no longer 60 degress!

watch_art

LOL!
Yeah - that's the best spot I have for it really. THe little stand on the left with the yellow box will be moved somewhere else soon. My shop is TINY. I'm lucky I could work this stuff in here at all really.

Top Bottom