A "Kevlar Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rsx1974

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aderhammer

Originally posted by Grizzlyss
<br />Just a little bit of info for you about working with that material, always wear breathing apparatus with it, as it can cause cancer. The info is from a friend of mine when I was in the Air Force. It is nice stuff to work with, but remember to protect yourself.
I thought that was only in California that you could get cancer![:D][:p]

rsx1974

WOW,

This thread came back to life!!

After the Cigar I turned a Gentlemen's pen but thats it.

Still have a couple rods of this stuff.

I'll bet the bottle stopper looks unique too.

desert1pocket

Nice pen. It is either linen or canvas based phenolic, and as others have stated it's used a lot in pool cues. I know several cuemakers who would pay good money for any of that stuff in that darker color. The current manufacturers have changed their formulas, and the brown is now more of a tan color.

If anyone wants some for pens, it is readily available in black, "double black", or tan from any of the major cue making supply houses. The "double black" looks almost like ebony when finished. The linen based has a finer texture than the canvas. They sell it in either rod or tube form, 3'-4' lengths for anywhere between $12 and $25 each.

neon007

Nice job. I have some Kevlar tubing here but haven't got around to it yet. I'm still trying to get the Carbon Fiber to come out good everytime. I go through 2 blanks every pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom