a horde of watch part pens. ....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Robert Taylor

I threw in my two cents because posters were talking about detail. Most all the watch parts pens shown anymore are NOT a watch at all. But a composition of small gears from ebay plus a watch face. Bruce119 made watch pens from a watch and included the screws, plates etc. In my opinion most current watch parts pens are steampunk pens and NOT watch pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Bob, you are 100% correct, what you see as watch pens here are in reality watch PART pens not watch pens therefor steampunk.
I threw in my two cents because posters were talking about detail. Most all the watch parts pens shown anymore are NOT a watch at all. But a composition of small gears from ebay plus a watch face. Bruce119 made watch pens from a watch and included the screws, plates etc. In my opinion most current watch parts pens are steampunk pens and NOT watch pens.

edstreet

OK last photo. I misplaced this one and just found it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 885663_10204132329010367_7068282200626968703_o.jpg
    885663_10204132329010367_7068282200626968703_o.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 155

jttheclockman

I agree also but that is the beauty of it. Take it for what its worth. Take the basic idea and expand and run with it. There are a ton more ideas that can be made with this basic concept. Call it what you want but evolve from it and take it to the next level. There are some that still make the so called true watch part pen. Think outside the box. Lets get creative and not sit on this one basic idea. :)

Gus Jr

What pen kits are you using for the thickness of the watch parts? I have started to making watch part pens and liked your designs.

jttheclockman

Barons, Gents, Sierra Vistas, Majestics, Imperials work well. Depending on what you are casting any of the larger kits will work. Some times it is the shape you give the body of the pen can allow you to use certain kits. So you may need to do a little experimenting on your own too. Good luck.

Top Bottom