A handfull more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

I'm still making a bunch of different styles in order to figure out which I like best. Well, that and I have a bunch of requests from "clients" (even though I'm not making any money on my pens as I just sell them for cost...well..for now). Some of these pens are for requests and others are for fun (not that I won't try to recover my money on them anyway.

From left to right are 2 PSI compson click pens, a Rockler pioneer which is very similar (same?) as a PSI trimline, a Rockler slimline pencil, a rockler slimline kit fitted with a soft grip from a PSI comfort kit, and a Rockler Manhattan.

The first compson pen is in this very curly maple I got from a local lumberyard, cut into blanks, then baked at 170 or so for like 6 hours to make sure it was dry. I CA stabilized it as I worked it close to final dimensions. This pen uses gold TN hardware. This pen was finished with WTF then buffed out to a shine.

The second compson is in Wenge (which got the same treatment as the maple) and has black TI hardware. Also finished in WTF and buffed.

The pioneer is a chrome kit with Gabon ebony. "The blackest wood in the world" may also be the biggest PITA. I refinished both barrels multiple times before ruining the first set and having to create some more. I finished this pen in WTF and buffing as well.

The Pencil is a Rodium kit and is 1/2 of a pen/pencil set (pen is almost finished...) for a client. The barrels are a silmar 41 with purple and white pearl powders. I reverse painted the blanks with black testors paint and epoxied the tubes in.

The blue pen is a Rockler slimline in satin where the blank for one of the barrels blew apart on me at I was turning...well about 1/3rd of it or so anyway. I was a little disheartened, then I remembered I had that soft grip laying around. I was lucky I hadn't turned the blank down too far so it all just seemed to work out. I sharpened my tools then cleaned up the break, added the grip and gently turned to the grip size. The final outcome is pretty nice to write with. The blue and white is a silmar 41 with blue and white pearl with the blanks reverse painted in testors blue.

The last is for my wife's bestie. She works in construction management, and a lot of people in management are into the whole pen culture and how a nice pen can be a status symbol accessory. I'm hoping that she can start a word-of-mouth reaction for the business community. Business aside, this pen is a Rockler Manhattan in platinum and black Ti. The blank is a red silk from a variety purchase I made a month ago.

Anyway, thanks for lookin and I hope you enjoy the pens (and pencil) :)

Also C&C welcome and appreciated,
Joe

Attachments

• HTP00025-30 - Copy.jpg
    HTP00025-30 - Copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Keep after it and you will find a pattern to this madness. It will change ever so often. You never know where you will end up. I like the 2nd one

Enjoy your journey

Phil

jaeger

I would suggest setting some realistic prices on your pens. You can always give away pens, but after customers have paid 10 dollars for a pen they may think that 25-30-45 + for a pen is to much or worse case...Sally got a pen for 10 dollar and now I owe 30?

Keep up the nice work!

Fishinbo

They all look great, like the second and third pens. Love dark colored pens. Great quality pens will surely sell at reasonable prizes of course. Great job!

Top Bottom