A Good Find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wpenm

A very nice lady called me today. Her daughter found my web site and told her mother to call me. She had a wood lathe for sale that had belonged to her late husband. Anyway, it turned out to be a Delta Midi Lathe just like new. He had only used it a few times last winter.
She gave me his stash of wood, a set of unknown turning tools, a Sorby Gouge,a Sorby skew, some various clamps and a new bed extension still in the box. All for $200.00. It was a good deal for the both of us.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob A

That is a great deal Garry. Lucky you!

By the way, was that you in the newspaper last week? I didn't get a chance to read the article, but a co-worker showed it to me gave me a summary.

wpenm

Yes Bob, that was me in the paper and no Frank I was not arrested.[:D]A lady down the street is an editor for the local paper and she saw me working on some pens one day and asked what I was making. She said that would make a good story and asked if I would mind if she had someone come out and talk to me. I said sure and the next thing I knew, there was a story about me in 4 newspapers. I have had a great response to it also. By the second day I had 11 orders for custom pens.[:p]I can't find the article online, but if I do I will post it.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom