a first time for everything

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I was nervous posting this as I know you guys and can see where this could lead and I am warning you, dont start any SH*@.
This is a first, I got a request to make a fairy door as a housewarming gift. I'd heard of Gnome door and houses, but not fairy doors. After researching it, there is a whole community ,like penmakers, devoted to anything to do with Fairies. I assure you, I am not joining the IAF (International Association of faeries).
This was bought for $35.00 , 6"X9", about $2.00 in hardware, scrap old oak and 1.5 hrs to make.

Attachments

• IMG_1010 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1010 - Copy.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 467
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It is mounted to a wall, often as of late, to cover useless phone jacks. It is hung or securred to a wall either by picture hook or two sided tape or your choice of other attachment. It is usually nearer the floor, though not required and is often hung outside near the front door.
Some meake them so they open but really all you'll see is the wall or the phone jack or whatever you're covering up, so I make mine to stay closed. It really can be opened by a fairy, anyway, so they say!
I like the door. I would rather have a fairie door then a gnome door. Is it mounted to a wall and is there an opening once the door is open?

Last edited:

snyiper

Interesting.... Fairy nice whats next Fairy windows, lil fairy houses (for birds outside)? You know someone was going to stir the pot....LOL

Chief Hill

WOW!! I don't Knome if I could make a door like that though. My tools don't work well with pink pixy fairy dust all over them. LOL

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Let me say that is a beautiful piece of work..!

But, umm, this is a fairy new subject...sooooo, i guess i don't understand...if the door is on the inside of the house...where does the door open to..??

PR_Princess

Nice job Glenn!!

"IAF (International Association of faeries)" LOL:biggrin:

BTW, I did not find an IAF (or a Glenn McCullough registered there), but there is www.fairylove.com...
For those who are interested, check out the links. There are four pages of them!

Last edited:

maxman400

You can get a fairy on a mandrel, but they don't survive long

Charlie you missed that one..
You can get a fairy on a mandrel, but they don't survive.."Fairy".. long.
My MOM is dying laughing, and she is daring me to try and make one.
I just think she wants one, so I will try my fairy best.

Fred

I like the thing. My ferocious cat would love to sit there just waiting, and waiting ... of course it would scare the living hell out of her IF something - anything - opened it up!

I may have to make her one ASAP! :eek:

RAdams

Banned
You should totally make em some fairy small furniture for when they stop by.

cool door! neat idea. I want to make my kid brother one, only a little bigger, and call it the "Boogie man door". Then Lag bolt it to the wall in his bedroom while he is at school! Make it with cracks in between the slats, and mount a couple of red LED lights inside, with a remote switch! Man that would be fun!

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
I was nervous posting this as I know you guys and can see where this could lead and I am warning you, dont start any SH*@.
This is a first, I got a request to make a fairy door as a housewarming gift. I'd heard of Gnome door and houses, but not fairy doors. After researching it, there is a whole community ,like penmakers, devoted to anything to do with Fairies. I assure you, I am not joining the IAF (International Association of faeries).
This was bought for $35.00 , 6"X9", about $2.00 in hardware, scrap old oak and 1.5 hrs to make.

Looks great!!

I made a bunch of the Gnome doors (11" high, 7.5" wide, 1.5" thick) and they sell pretty quick.

My kids love theirs. 3-4 years later, they still visit the gnomes (small gnome statues standing by the door and the bridge) and play around the door out in the yard.

workinforwood

It's a great looking door Glenn. I love Fairies!..I guess you probably could have figured that out on your own though. I would join your IAF! The greatest thing about fairies is that they stimulate the imagination. I have done alot of faerie research for my projects, and it's very interesting to learn just how fun and imaginative fairies can be. Some people take them way too seriously..I just like the "fun" side of things.

Top Bottom