A First for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

Well it's been a long time coming but I have been going down this kitless or should we say component less road for some some but here is my very 1st fountain pen from scratch. I have been going through a lot of troubles with threading and I want to say a big thanks to so many of you here that have got me through this. Still have not received all of my taps and dies yet but made do with what I had for now. So without further a due here are the results of your help and my labour.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its a great start Lin. May I suggest that on the next one you dont make the relief space between the threads and the body quite so deep. That area Ideally is just deep enough for the end cap threads to not touch it. IT may be prone to breaking in that area if you get it to deep. Nice pen.

lorbay

Its a great start Lin. May I suggest that on the next one you dont make the relief space between the threads and the body quite so deep. That area Ideally is just deep enough for the end cap threads to not touch it. IT may be prone to breaking in that area if you get it to deep. Nice pen.

Thanks Mike, After I cut that relief I said why the heck did I make that so deep. Also the threads are why to long but I am waiting for my M12 and M14 triple start to get here.

Lin.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You can also cut the threads out of the cap that would normally be there or a combination of both. You could still trim your threads back on the length.

Top Bottom