A Few Spare Screws

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Well, I'm almost six weeks out from the surgery on my right foot. Only about six more weeks before I can put weight on it again! The Doc fused three of the little bones below the ankle. My foot was starting to collapse over to one side due to arthritis, and this straightened everything up and will allow me to walk normally again.

I have one of those knee scooters, so I am pretty mobile. I have a desk job, so I am back to work as long as I keep my foot up. My Wife has to drive me to work, but that's kind of nice. This picture is of the x-Ray. I just thought you'd all like to see my new set of hardware!

Scott.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Pretty cool refills Scott.... Parker or Cross??? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Hope the next 6 weeks go smooth.

KBs Pensnmore

Those screws shouldn't set off the scanner, unless the machine is different to what we have down under. I have 21 and a plate that goes from the knee to the ankle and doesn't set off the machine. Reason, just below the knee was broken into 9 pieces, just above the ankle both bones broken and half way along the leg the main bone also.
Hope it mends well, and soon.
Kryn

sbell111

You'll probably be fine at the scanner. The screws and pins holding my spine together don't set off the scanner, nor do the screws that they used putting my wife's ankle back together.

sbwertz

Those screws shouldn't set off the scanner, unless the machine is different to what we have down under. I have 21 and a plate that goes from the knee to the ankle and doesn't set off the machine. Reason, just below the knee was broken into 9 pieces, just above the ankle both bones broken and half way along the leg the main bone also.
Hope it mends well, and soon.
Kryn

That sounds like me! My 2200 lb Belgian Heavy Draft stallion fell on me and broke the fibula in half, and broke the tibia into 14 pieces! I had a plate on it for a year, but then the Dr went back in and took it off, saying he thought the bone would grow stronger without it. It has been about 15 years now, and it doesn't give me any trouble. I spent 4 months on crutches, though. Because the tibia was split up into the knee, I couldn't put any weight on the knee while it was healing.

Last edited:

KBs Pensnmore

sbwertz;1712963 That sounds like me! My 2200 lb Belgian Heavy Draft stallion fell on me and broke the fibula in half said:
I did mine on 8th Dec 2000, 21 days in hospital, in a wheelchair until 4th march and then crutches for 3 months. I was a groomsman for a mates wedding 4 days later, I said to him that I would dance at his wedding and a I did, bit robotic but I did it. Forgot to mention it was both legs broken, left leg as good as it was before, right leg, problems, broken bones in the foot, constant pins and needles in the toes, now have to use a walking stick.
Kryn

Top Bottom