A few recent turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I haven't had much time to turn let alone photo and post, but here are a couple I did last week. The first one I did as a CA finish demo for my local turning clue. The 2nd was what I made for the Christmas PITH for the Atl meeting.

First is a Chrome Euro made up of Amboyna Burl (a lil spalting in it too!) with an Ebony Centerband. CA finish MM to 12000 then hit with 0000 steel wool and then stick fast satin polish. It put a lil bit of a shine on it, but not quite as glossy and normal.

100_4337612x700.jpg
100_4345614x700.jpg

Second is a Gold Ti Jr. Gent RB. I used a mini pinecone blank I got from Eric (Buzzz4). These are some really cool blanks! I had to fill in a few air pockets that the resin couldn't get in to, but luckily I could tell what mica he used and I had some here so it was easy to color match. Put on a CA finish. Hope you enjoy it Hans!

100_4357579x700.jpg
100_4361613x700.jpg
100_4364607x7002.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PedroDelgado

WOW!,... first one is very nice but the second is AWESOME!!!
At first I thought they were some sort of ocean creatures. Nice job!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year every one.

Buzzzz4

Nicely done! The are both beautiful, but you know which I am more partial to. Nice job on that one. Those pits still calling your name???

MarkD

Great job on the chrome Euro, but the Jr Gent is gorgeous! The kit works great with the blank. Lucky Hans!

ironman123

few recent turnings

Hey Mr Brooks you have some super cool pens there. My eye is on the second one. It is super duper cool.

ironman123 Ray

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone! That Jr. was a pain to make, but it did turn out beautiful. Well worth it, I still have a couple more to play with. Thanks again Eric!

Nicely done! The are both beautiful, but you know which I am more partial to. Nice job on that one. Those pits still calling your name???

Lol....yes they are! I ended up mixing a bunch of epoxy & mica and slathering all over the blank! Kinda like icing a cake. It got the majority in 1 pass. The rest I did with CA. Worst part of it all was I decided to make it the day before the meeting :eek:

I now have 2 of Jonathon's pens. Nanner, nanner, nanner

Lol...I still miss that 1st one too :wink: Sure was a beauty!

Jonathon did you actually turn a WOOD pen? You know that WOOD is a 4 letter word right? Great job on both. Thanks for showing.

Thanks Russell, I did turn a wood pen. It's such a rare occassion I just have to show them all off :tongue:. Too bad we missed you at the meeting, I had brought a couple of those box blanks just to give you more nightmares :biggrin:

SDB777

Ahhhhhh...............mmmmmmmmmmmm...............speechless on the mini pine cone.

Scott (some beauties here) B

Last edited:

drgoretex

Both are beautiful! I've done the same amboyna with ebony band on a streamline. Kept it for myself, and have been using it for a couple of years. Still love looking at it!

That mini-pinecone pen is incredible!

BTW - what in the world is 'PITH'?

Ken

magpens

I love both pens, but especially the Jr. Congrats to both of you, Jon and Eric, for a *superbly lovely* pen . The Euro is beaut too ... the contrast between the Amboyna and the Ebony makes it really POP ! I love the illusion of creepy-crawly things all over the Jr. !

hewunch

Drstrangefart: "I only have one, but I do still have one of his SQUARE blanks. That's gotta count for something."

It does, but I couldn't begin to tell you how many I have. I even have a partial brick :wink:

wiset1

Amboyna is awesome with that switch up on the center band, but those little cones look amazing! What a great idea for a pen blank. You did an awesome job with these two pens Jonathon!

Rick P

The "pine cone" Gent is awesome! That is one fine blank.........Wondering though, is it from a pine or a stack of cones from an alder?

Buzzzz4

Rick P said:
The "pine cone" Gent is awesome! That is one fine blank.........Wondering though, is it from a pine or a stack of cones from an alder?

Those are a very small pinecone, not alder or sweetgum.

Top Bottom