A few recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mason Kuettel

Mason Kuettel

I haven't had much time to post pens lately so I thought I would throw a few out here.

First one is a fountain pen made from oak from a customer's land. Got lucky enough to have a bark inclusion and some voids to fill with the malachite.
85459d1354591992-few-recent-pens-dsc_0695.jpg

Second set is some of Seamus' blanks. My photography can't do them justice, but they are awesome!
85460d1354593240-few-recent-pens-dsc_0752.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0695.JPG
    DSC_0695.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0752.JPG
    DSC_0752.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

I like that oak pen. makes me want to cut a hole in a blank, just to fill it back up. I have tried to make a coin blank, I still dont know how Seamus does it so well.

Mason Kuettel

I like that oak pen. makes me want to cut a hole in a blank, just to fill it back up. I have tried to make a coin blank, I still dont know how Seamus does it so well.

You're braver than I ever will be (I haven't even thought about trying a coin blank). I don't think I would even know where to start, much less how to finish it off!

The oak was a good find...I got to pick through about 3/4 of a cord of fire wood and found a nice little "ugly" piece that had some good spots in it.

firewhatfire

All I have managed to do is lose a handful of change to my disk sander. I have found some things are not my specialty. Although it does give me something to work towards in this crazy game.:biggrin:

You're braver than I ever will be (I haven't even thought about trying a coin blank). I don't think I would even know where to start, much less how to finish it off!

The oak was a good find...I got to pick through about 3/4 of a cord of fire wood and found a nice little "ugly" piece that had some good spots in it.

Top Bottom