A few Plain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

Here are three plain kit pens that I made Sunday .

The first one is a Gold Tapa Pacifica with a homebrew PR that I call "Creamsicle" . I got some real nice swirls on this one .

1_creamsiclepacifica.jpg

The second one is another Gold Pacifica with a piece Saguaro Cactus Rib that I got from Jim (1TJTurner) as a freebie when I bought some Granite Corian from him . I gave it a CA finish . I really didn't think it was going to look very good because it was very plain looking , but I was pleasantly surprised when I finished it , it has a cool looking grain and some chatoyance that I never thought cactus would have .

1_cactuspacifica.jpg

The last one is a Chrome Zen with some homebrew PR that I call "Ice" .
I can't get a good picture of this one , the color of the blank is just too shiny , it looks like an icy snow . This blank is awesome in person , one of my favorite casts so far . I shot about 10 pictures on several different backgrounds of this one playing with all the adjustments my little camera has and this was the best one .

1_icezen.jpg

As always , comments are welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Butch , is the Moon going out of phase or all the constellations coming into some perverse alignment?? first Skiprat uses wood in a pen! Now you're making kit pens.
By the way I like the creamsicle that did swirl nicely and the Ice is COOL.

ldb2000

Thank you for the kind words everyone . It's been awhile since I did a normal kit pen so I wanted to see if I still remembered how , and I wanted to use up some kits just in case Neil came to visit :biggrin: .
It's funny but my favorite of the three is the Saguaro cactus blank , even though it's a fairly bland blank there's something about it that I like .
I wish I could get a better picture of the Ice blank , it really looks cool (pun intended) .
Ok back to the kitless 7mm cigar pen I'm working on :rolleyes: .

Shameless plug :bananen_smilies068:
I'm still running the Kitless Challenge in the Advanced pen turning forum , Please go check it out and maybe even contribute your own example of a kitless slimline .

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thank you for the kind words everyone . It's been awhile since I did a normal kit pen so I wanted to see if I still remembered how , and I wanted to use up some kits just in case Neil came to visit :biggrin: .
It's funny but my favorite of the three is the Saguaro cactus blank , even though it's a fairly bland blank there's something about it that I like .
I wish I could get a better picture of the Ice blank , it really looks cool (pun intended) .
Ok back to the kitless 7mm cigar pen I:biggrin:'m working on :rolleyes: .

Shameless plug :bananen_smilies068:
I'm still running the Kitless Challenge in the Advanced pen turning forum , Please go check it out and maybe even contribute your own example of a kitless slimline .

That hurt, I may have to come and visit you now. :befuddled::biggrin:

Top Bottom