A few pens from a newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chillicamper

Chillicamper

Taylors Mirfield Omega fountain pen in gunmetal made from rippled Sweet Chestnut

PSI Gothica pallpoints made with ebony

Taylors Mirfield Zeta ballboint pen made from cross cut Yew which fell in the UK storms of 1987. I cut this wood when I still worked in forestry in 1990 and still had some scraps in the shed!

PSI Steampunk with London Plane burr

Taylors Mirfield Omega FP and Zeta made from 900yr old brown oak from Windsor Great Park

PSI Steampunk made with Jarrah burr and with the cracks filled with brass powder and CA glue.

Taylors Mirfield Epsilon ballpoint in chrome and made with Medlar - an ancient type of fruit mostly grown in the UK and Europe.

Taylors Mirfield Omega FB made with Lilac

PSI Celtic made from pippy English oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chillicamper

I like the "london plane burr" wood on the steampunk pen. Never heard of it.

Nice pens BTW!

London Plane - Platanus x hispanica. It's often grown in towns and cities as the bark peels to give patchwork color and the tree is resistant to pollution. Quite often pollarded to keep the size under control. Leaves are similar to Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus) whose latin name means it's leaves are like the Platanus.

The burr from this tree is outstanding with a rich colour and when polished it almost looks like a cracked old leather chair!

stuckinohio

Great, another wood to try and collect.....

Thank you for the reply in all seriousness. I appreciate it!

I like the "london plane burr" wood on the steampunk pen. Never heard of it.

Nice pens BTW!

London Plane - Platanus x hispanica. It's often grown in towns and cities as the bark peels to give patchwork color and the tree is resistant to pollution. Quite often pollarded to keep the size under control. Leaves are similar to Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus) whose latin name means it's leaves are like the Platanus.

The burr from this tree is outstanding with a rich colour and when polished it almost looks like a cracked old leather chair!

Top Bottom