A few Odds and Ends....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's the rest of my turnings from today.

First is a Chrome Euro with a mixup blank. I was casting some blanks for a friend and had a bit leftover from two batches and so I poured them together in the mold. Came out pretty cool. I also reverse painted it black. I'm definitely regretting not keeping the blank that's all green like the end of this pen!

100_4458680x700.jpg
100_4455630x700.jpg

Second is a Blk Ti/Chrome Aero. The blank is my own and it was one that I didn't quite cast like I had planned. This one came out cool, but Allen (Dr.Strangefart) posted a pen made with the same blank and got a different result! I reverse painted this one black to darken it up a bit after seeing how bright Allens turned out.

100_4447649x700.jpg
100_4452671x700.jpg

Next is a Gold Ti Long Click. I typically don't like gold plated kits but I think this one works. This is another of my blanks and I made it much like the one above but I mixed it with copper and I actually got it to mix like I wanted. I'm really happy with how it came out!

100_4459630x700.jpg
100_4462574x700.jpg
100_4464700x695.jpg

Last is a Black Ti Zen with one of Capt G's carbon fiber blanks. I've tried to make these myself and have screwed up every single one so my hat's off to ya Capt! I made this one for the Owner of Illstreet Composites. I buy my resin from them and they've been great to work with. Since they specialize in carbon fiber I thought Chris would enjoy it. He bought a pen off me in Nov as a Christmas gift for his sister so now it's his turn to get one.

100_4423573x700.jpg
100_4430642x700.jpg
100_4432611x700.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I can see the difference you're talking about in that red and light blue one. Interesting. The first one with the green and purple has GOT to be one of my favorite blanks I've seen you do so far. LORD do I want a dozen of those. Possibly when I finally place a legitimate order. I have one of those carbon fiber Zen blanks waiting for a kit and some bushings. The copper one is great, but the first one is hands down the best of the bunch.

wiset1

Jonathon,

These look amazing as always, but that second Blk Ti/Chrome Aero one is a home run! I'm just blown away by the unique look of these blanks. Really crisp, clean colors in the mix. Just WOW!

PaulDoug

Boy, they are all pretty awesome, no surprise there. That first one is pretty unique and I think you may have started something there. I really like it.

MarkD

They are all great Johnathon. I would have a hard time deciding on a favorite. I love all your blanks and I love carbon fiber. Another group of winners!

Top Bottom