A few new pens for Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

3 pens came off the lathe today. A pair of slimline pens turned by Chrissy for her mother. She is a middle school teacher and rather than do the double ended teachers pen, she thought it would be nicer to turn 2 and have the wood reflect the ink color.

The red is Red Heart and the brown (black ink) is Guayacan both with gunmetal funline kits.

The 3rd pen is an Aero paired up with a pink ivory WOOD blank. This is for my grandmother and I was informed she would like something "girlie". I was giggling as I was drilling and turning this stuff. It was like bubble gum or cotton candy streaming off the lathe. Beautiful wood.

Attachments

• IMG_1247 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1247 (Small).JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1243 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1243 (Small).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Very nice looking. I am gonna try and get my hands on a pink ivory blank. Also it was nice to finally meet ya'll as well.

Carl Fisher

Thanks guys :)

Hans, had I thought it through, I should have bought some delrin bushings from you today. I could have used 3 or 4 different kits worth of bushings this weekend.

As for the guayacan, to me it's so close to cocobolo in grain pattern with just a bit different color tint, I don't know that it was worth the beating it gave my drill bit and trimmer. Stuff turns solid as a rock when it heats up and stinks. I have a good sized chunk left that I'll have to consider for a while before I put it on the lathe again.

Last edited:

hewunch

Chris, hope you made it to Anderson. I pray your service goes well. I am just down the road 45min.

Top Bottom