A Few New Ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crokett

crokett

Spalted Maple commander Fountain Pen

88C1F75E-C2CE-4C33-BD7A-2744CCC0139B.jpeg

Leopard wood Churchill Fountain Pen
69E4E359-24A1-4065-B01D-A0FF5470C7A2.jpeg

Denim. Glued to the tube then clear cast over it. I'm not sure if I will do any more of these. Denim is thick and the pen looks too fat IMO. Any thinner and I would turn through the resin.
37F1471B-5216-49F5-BF94-D3DF0E07965C.jpeg
U

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGVPens

Very nice! The denim is a little plump...but a really cool idea. After I get a few more pens under my belt I may experiment with casting blanks. The possibilities boggle the mind!

I tried my first piece of Spalted Maple the other day...found the dreaded "worm hole"! But I've got more, so I'll save shavings from the next attempt and fill it with the aid of thin CA. Then I can hide it under the clip of a Sierra.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpg
    IMG_0793.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 86

crokett

Very nice! The denim is a little plump...but a really cool idea. After I get a few more pens under my belt I may experiment with casting blanks. The possibilities boggle the mind!

I tried my first piece of Spalted Maple the other day...found the dreaded "worm hole"! But I've got more, so I'll save shavings from the next attempt and fill it with the aid of thin CA. Then I can hide it under the clip of a Sierra.
I was able to turn the worm hole out of this one. In my experience, filling voids with coffee grounds works the best, even better than shavings. I take a K-cup from the stash and use that. Convenient storage and its ground very fine. You can fill a lot of voids with 1 k cup. Besides somehow we ended up with a lot of decaf that neither of us drinks. Drip in a bit of thin CA, add the grounds, then soak in thin CA.

I'll do other fabric, just not denim. I was going to try winding yarn around a tube but after the denim experience likely won't.

RGVPens

I was able to turn the worm hole out of this one. In my experience, filling voids with coffee grounds works the best, even better than shavings. I take a K-cup from the stash and use that. Convenient storage and its ground very fine. You can fill a lot of voids with 1 k cup. Besides somehow we ended up with a lot of decaf that neither of us drinks. Drip in a bit of thin CA, add the grounds, then soak in thin CA.

I'll do other fabric, just not denim. I was going to try winding yarn around a tube but after the denim experience likely won't.
Thanks for the coffee grounds info!

Top Bottom