A few from my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tt1106

tt1106

Hi, A few I've turned the past few weeks. Personally, I like the wasp body slimline so, that seems to be the direction I head. I am looking to eventually, hopefully develop enough skills to sell my wares. Pens is the instant gratification of my woodworking. Although my shop is mostly dedicated to furniture making, as a hobbyist.

Attachments

• cigar2.jpg
    cigar2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 135
  • oak slimline.jpg
    oak slimline.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 136
  • slim coco.jpg
    slim coco.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 122
  • slimline black.jpg
    slimline black.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 128
  • slimline coco.jpg
    slimline coco.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

I think most of us started with slims and cigars and would agree with the "instant gratification" remarks.

Your fit and finish appear to be acceptable and I don't intend to be critical, but you might pay closer attention to matching the grain. It's just one of those little things that really show attention to detail and add the finishing touches to GREAT pens.

Pens are great fun, but addicting. Keep up the good work and practice, soon your really enjoy turning pens so much you'll be addicted like the rest of us!

tt1106

Thank You very much for the tips. So far I have turned 8 pens, so I appreciate the critique. I got a lathe a few months ago on Craigslist and since then, I have really enjoyed jumping in with both feet.
I hope to get into casting in the future. I haven't had much luck with my bought corian blanks. :)

boxerman

They all look good to me. But i'm not a huge fan skinny waist slims. That's just me. If we all like the same thing life would be boring.

firewhatfire

Another way to custtomize a slimline is leave out the center band. Take a alternative color wood or acrylic and turn your own custom band. All you need is a 1/4 drill bit to and leave out the center bushing and use the new piece you drilled. I am not that far into this madness, but willing to share what little I know.

Keep up the good work.

Phil

Top Bottom