A few Dragon decal Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Gawdelpus (John) gave me the heads up on some clear water decals locally available here in Australia, so I thought I would give them a try. I love my dragons, so downloaded a few from the net, including one from my old martial arts style Zen Do Kai (the first one - shows dragon symbol, Bushido, Ishoo and Kyunnin crosses). I also put my name,Dai Sensei Neil, on the other side. The one on the right is my avatar, and again my name, to take to Forum events :biggrin:.

Would have preferred a black background, but unfortunately clear transfers can't be seen on black, so need the white background. I used etch primer then white acrylic paint on the tubes before attaching the transfers and casting in clear resin.

I thought kids would like them. The Zen Do Kai dragon pens would be good gifts for the students to give their instructors, and visa versa.

Cheers

1_dragon_labels.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Looks great! And custom work always seems to catch people by surprise. Maybe
they don't expect a 'one-off' piece, thinking it can only be mass produced.

you know .. they do have white decal material.. so after you use up all the clear
decal sheets you could try those and get the look you were originally going for.
With the white decals you can put them over whatever color you want, but the
background color (background of the decal) might show against your wood or resin.
So you can either carefully match the colors, or deliberately use a contrasting color.
(I'm leaving out the obvious one .. being really really good with a razor blade..)
But either way, the white decals allow your colored inks to show, even on a
black material.

Dai Sensei

Looks great! And custom work always seems to catch people by surprise. Maybe
they don't expect a 'one-off' piece, thinking it can only be mass produced.

you know .. they do have white decal material.. so after you use up all the clear
decal sheets you could try those and get the look you were originally going for.
With the white decals you can put them over whatever color you want, but the
background color (background of the decal) might show against your wood or resin.
So you can either carefully match the colors, or deliberately use a contrasting color.
(I'm leaving out the obvious one .. being really really good with a razor blade..)
But either way, the white decals allow your colored inks to show, even on a
black material.

Yeh I am aware of the white decals, but I didn't want any white background. Don't think I would be THAT good with a razer blade :tongue:

Attached is one of scrollsaw dragons, to show the look of red/colour on black I was after. The labels are certainly easier than the scrollsaw :wink:

Attachments

• critters2.jpg
    critters2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 166

Grizz

Banned
That pen to the far right. Wow, that is one vicious looking dragon!

Top Bottom