A Few Days And A Few Craft Sale Items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

After last Saturdays craft sale I got requests for a few things I was out of so got busy and did a little catch-up .

The desk name signs were ordered as two in maple and two in walnut.

The handles on the ice cream scoops are 40 year old lilac wood. .

Handles on back scratchers are cherry.

The three mirrors are walnut with maple handles.

I am at the point now where I don't have time for segmentation or anything fancy because I need to concentrate on the most popular fast sellers at reasonable prices for Christmas gift buyers. .

I am afraid it is going to be much like this every week now for the next 10 consecutive Sat morning sales . Just concentrate on everything that is sold out to fill back into my regular stock.

Probably won't get any shop time tomorrow (Friday) because I still have some outdoor work to catch up on.

ItemsMadeOct10toOct142010.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Thanks All for the comments.
They are just a few fill in items that I was out of again.
I like to keep my sale table well stocked to capacity and some boxes full of backup stock to keep replacing items sold.

Here is what last weeks craft sale looked like. I don't have a wide angle lens on my camera so pictures are from left to center to right.

Looking at that picture just reminded me that I sold out of potpouri bowls last week so won't have any this Saturday but will surely have some for the next week.

Oct2left.jpg
[/IMG]

Oct2Middle.jpg

Oct2Right.jpg

Alexanderpens

Holy mother of trees... That tableclothe is reeeeally blue. Anyhow, that's one heck of a selection! Nice work putting it together.

W.Y.

Holy mother of trees... That tableclothe is reeeeally blue. Anyhow, that's one heck of a selection! Nice work putting it together.

Yes . . . that is the actual color of it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was told a few years ago by a nay -sayer that I would never sell anything off a color like that but my sales have been so good that I decided to not change the color for fear it would work in reverse.
Maybe it is that loud color that attracts some people to my table like a magnet :wink:

Woodlvr

Beautiful work Bill. How long are your back scratchers? You are doing what I have always wanted to do-but our lookie lous are only looking for items for a quarter each.

Alexanderpens

Honestly, People are attracted to glaring colors like bees (personal experience, i'll tell the story sometime.) Since you have more neutral colors of the wood to offset it, it makes them seem more interesting. That's like the spinner on a lure, and the beautiful art is the worm!

W.Y.

Beautiful work Bill. How long are your back scratchers? You are doing what I have always wanted to do-but our lookie lous are only looking for items for a quarter each.

Those are 19" from the end of the brass claw to the opposite end.
I get $20.00 a pop easily for those but like with most other turned items they require a nice finish so I give them a 3 coat lacquer application and then buff when cured .

W.Y.

Had another successful 3.5 hour sale. $440.00 clear of expenses.
First thing that sold to a couple early birds while unpacking my boxes were the two coffee mugs shown in the picture . One for $29.00 and one for $39.00 to the same couple. Sold both back scratchers , one mirror, 3 ice cream scoops , 4 desk name signs , one pyrography burning (the one with the bluebirds) , 2 toothpick dispensers , one spalted apple bowl, and was very pleased to move five pens this time. I have a dead market for pens for the immediate area but two went to visitors from Vancouver, BC and three went to visitors from Edmonton, Alberta.

I am still out of rolling pins and pepper mills and cutting boards so must get an order out today for more parts like brass back scratcher claws, and pepper mill hardware and pewter lids for potpourri bowls and a whole variety of other hardware items for some of the best selling items I make . .

Heading south of the border in the morning for another half dozen gas station variety stainless steel coffee mugs with plastic outer shell to rob the hardware from.

I will never catch up now but I will have fun trying .

Might even break even with price of tools and machinery and accessories and shop supplies and kit hardware requirements if I keep at it .

EDIT

While I was typing this message my son that was here last week is now back in Calgary and phoned me . He told his landlord about the mugs he had seen that I make and directed him to my picturetrail albums site. His landlord wants three mugs. One for himself and two for gifts. He saw the box elder burl bowls in my site and wanted them made from that . . . LOL . . and I explained why that was not possible or practical for mugs. He is now in the process of figuring out what kind of wood he wants and will be getting back to me.

So now I will be picking up ten mugs instead of half a dozen tomorrow if they have enough in stock.

Last edited:

W.Y.

They only had eleven on the shelf and I took ten.
Thought it would be nice to leave one there for somebody else . . . LOL .

That aughta keep me busy for a while putting wood shells on them.

Hopefully that will be enough for the pre-Christmas sales this year .

Got a bunch of other supplies while in the city like forstner bits to replace some old ones that were beyond sharpening anymore, and sandpaper and finishing supplies and a couple really bad Ridgid band saw blades from Home Depot but that's another topic for another time.
Don't know who makes those for H D but I am not used to poor quality like that . I didn't have time to order on line from Tufftooth for much better ones because I needed some right away.

ZipTripMugs.jpg

Top Bottom