A few BOW Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from twoofakind

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoofakind

Here are a few BOW cigars I made for a friend from work with a plain friction polish to keep the "wood feel". He wanted boxes for them, does anybody else sell boxes with their pens? If so what do you upcharge. I sold them to him for what I had in them since I did not make them I felt I could not upcharge for them.
Andy

2006116191621_0299.jpg

2006116191649_0301.jpg

by the way what makes people take a wood pen and stick to their nose like they are trying to inhale it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

I think people smell it because it's a natural product and they're curious to see if it still smells like the tree. Of course not 1 in 100 knows what an olive tree smells like probably [:D]

But the cigars are sharp looking

airrat

I like BoW, good seller too. As to the price of the boxes you can look at it this way. The place you bought them got them for a price and sold to you for a different price. You are still providing a service. However, it is up to you. I have given boxes as part of the sale price for different reasons.

TBone

I think people smell it because it's a natural product and they're curious to see if it still smells like the tree. Of course not 1 in 100 knows what an olive tree smells like probably [:D]

But the cigars are sharp looking

Skye

Nice shape. Good to see not every cigar looks alike.

Shape reminds me of Bonefish's Italian blue pen. Snooping eyes at Bubbasville? [;)]

twoofakind

Actually Skye thats my Italian blue pen.[;)] I put this shape on almost all of my pens. I started using it for my personal use pens and people liked it better than the "traditional" cigar style so I pu thtis shape on my slimline and cigar pens.
Andy

Skye

Dagnabbit, I thought it was Bonefish for some reason. I dont know why I've had that pen messed up for a while. You see the corncob I shaped after your trademark shape?

twoofakind

Yeah, I really liked it. It is a little different, and I have put it on a few of my pens as well. That shape just feels "right" and balanced in my hand, of course I have a big hand, but people love that shape. I don't know if it is because it looks different or they actually like the way it feels.
Andy

leatherjunkie

Cigars look great.
Great grain on the bow.

as far as boxes go i only charge for the price of the box+ the shipping cost to my door for the box.
I feel the same way since i dont make the box i should not profit from the box.

I like the shape of the pens, too. I also love the smell of BOW when turning.
I charge for the box and the shipping and add $1.00 for the time ordering and handling. Could they find a box and get it cheaper? Nah!It is still a service and it is time spent that I could be turning. So make a buck and they are ecstatic that they dont have to run out and find one. Its a good deal for all.

twoofakind

I was torn about the price, so I just charged him actual price of the box. He did after all order 5 of these this time. Hey Skye did I read correctly that youare going to miss the Dec meet?
Andy

Skye

Eh, not 100% sure yet. If I do make it, I'm going to have to jet about 1:30, drive back to the NC/SC line for a dinner. That's about a 4 plus hour trip. Not gonna be fun, but will be worth it. Not sure about the time of the dinner, so that'll come into play too.

Just need to talk the wife into it...

Nice pens... I really like the looks of the BOW and I like the Cigar pens.. one of my favorite to make.

re the boxes: I usually keep boxes if my customers ask for one... usually just charge what I paid for them, cost of the box and shipping to me... on my really high end pens, I include the box as part of the sale.. anything over $50 will get a box.
I used to keep plastic boxes for all my pens as part of the sale, but have decided they took tacky.. I use the maple wood boxes, the jumbo rosewood style and occasionally the faux leathers.

twoofakind

I hope to see you there Skye. I have been giving out those velvet drawstring bags, but people are buying for Christmas now and they want a nicer box.
Andy

twoofakind

On a side note, I turned these with my new gouge. I bought a Crown Pro-PM spindle gouge. Man what a gouge, that thing cuts through wood and acrylic like butta.
Andy

Skye

Reeeeeealy? I'm going to have to ask for something new for Christmas. I'll show you what I use at BBsville. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom