A Customized Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

This is the first slimline I have actually replaced the centerband on. It's cocobolo with a spalted myrtle centerband. Next time it's going to be nibless...

Attachments

• IMG_5546-resize.jpg
    IMG_5546-resize.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_5552-resize.jpg
    IMG_5552-resize.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

NICE! How'd you do this one? LOOKS like it' a fixed centerband, glued down to the upper barrel which would make the aluminum accents easier for me to figure out. I've made a huge mountain of custom centerbands, but never with aluminum accents on them.

ChrisN

NICE! How'd you do this one? LOOKS like it' a fixed centerband, glued down to the upper barrel which would make the aluminum accents easier for me to figure out. I've made a huge mountain of custom centerbands, but never with aluminum accents on them.

Thanks for the comments! Yes, it is a fixed CB. It is layered with aluminum and glued to the upper barrel.

BSea

That is really cool. I really like making slimlines. I think they are so overlooked. I was like most, and made several when I 1st started. Then moved on to larger more expensive kits. But taking a base slimline & adding a custom CB just makes them go from ho-hum to WOW!!

Good Job :good:

Bobostro61

Very cool. I tend to shy away from slimlines for some reason or another. I guess they seem to basic or something. I may have to rethink!

Top Bottom