A couple thought from the recliner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A long, long time ago I hurt my shoulder. After more than 40 years it was getting worse and waking me up at night so it was time to get it fixed. Did that last Friday. So now I have a looong recuperation ahead - I now know shoulders take forever to heal. No shop time for me till April - at least. AAARRRGHHHH! So I sit in my recliner and watch stuff.

I've been a fan of YouTube for many reasons. You can go there and see wonderfully awesome things and also see miracles. As in "why in the name of all that's good and holy didn't that moron die?".

Although there are several hand tools that I use all the time, for the most part I'm not a great fan of hand tools. But I like Roy Underhill and I'm betting that Roy would really have a "bromance " with this guy. Take a look: https://mrchickadee.wordpress.com/page/4/ . I've never heard mention of "Mr Chicadee" here but if I've missed it, I apologize. It's just that I've been mesmerized by these videos all day. Maybe it's the pain meds.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Have been woodworking for many years and I never could get into his shows. Too rough and old school. With today's modernization of tools to much time is lost with hand tools. There are and always will be those purists but i am not one of them. Put a chord on it for me. :biggrin:

larryc

A long, long time ago I hurt my shoulder. After more than 40 years it was getting worse and waking me up at night so it was time to get it fixed. Did that last Friday. So now I have a looong recuperation ahead - I now know shoulders take forever to heal. No shop time for me till April - at least. AAARRRGHHHH! So I sit in my recliner and watch stuff.

I have a bum shoulder (arthritis) that has been bugging me for some time. The doctor told me he could replace it, but at my age (almost 85) I'm not ready to take a year out of my life for rehab etc.

jyreene

I've have been there. Two shoulder surgeries, one at 17 and one at 20. I can say that after those I wish I would have had doctors that tried rehab first. But I will also say, follow what the Physical Therapists say. I didn't with my second and I have been paying for 15...16...years.

Best of luck on recuperation and "enjoy" the scar tissue massages and "empty the beer can" rehab exercises. Never thought emptying a beer can would take so much effort.

Thanks for the thoughts. And check out the "Mr Chickadee" thing. He & his wife have posted a bunch of videos about building their shop. Great viewing.

Top Bottom