A couple pens done

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

BLue black custom PR and black mottled celluloid.
Had a helluva time getting the celluloid shiny - still not 100% happy with it.

71%20%285%29.JPG

71.JPG

72.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

I like the second one the best. Is it actually solid black. Or is it have some pattern. From the pics it looks like a sparkles are coming through. But that could just be dust

watch_art

It's a striated stripey sort of material. In between the layers of stripes (it almost looks like muscle tissues) there is a glittery sparkly stuff. Very pretty in person - damned hard to photograph.

I've got more pics coming in a minute.

SDB777

I absolutely hate trying to get a finish on anything black....seems to take forever, especially since I'm some picky about it!

Yours looks like you plenty of time getting those done up right! Can't cheat with the close-up photo's!

Well done Shawn!

Scott B

watch_art

The pics still aren't as clear as I'd like. I was looking at my camera last night wondering why it takes 30 attempts to focus in macro mode and notice a very small spec of dirt INSIDE the lens!! AUGH!!!

Timebandit

If anyone is interested in the Celluloid, its not really Black, its Green. Not sure why Shawn calls it Black, but this is Green Mottled Celluloid for American Art Plastics. Just in case someone wanted to find it, they didnt go looking for Black Mottled that doesnt exist. Its Green Mottled Celluloid. Very subtle Green, but its Green....with Sparkles :)

watch_art

I don't see any green - so that's why I call it black. In the light, between the stripes, you can see a blue color, but it's not very easy to see. What you get in hand is nothing like what's listed on AAP - so I don't care what they call it.

Timebandit

I don't see any green - so that's why I call it black. In the light, between the stripes, you can see a blue color, but it's not very easy to see. What you get in hand is nothing like what's listed on AAP - so I don't care what they call it.

Shawn, i wasnt arguing, just trying to inform people as to what to look for. If they look for black, they wont find it, it doesnt exist. Just trying to help others out. I have 6 rods of the Green Mottled from AAP and while subtle, mine are green. Maybe there last batch didnt turn out as green, but mine are. Again, just trying to help others out. Call it what you will.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom