A couple of Turkey Pot calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trux

Trux

I'm getting ready for the spring turkey season and made a number of calls- these two are out of paduka- one with a glass top and the other has slate. The wife didn't have a turkey stamp so the bear had to do on the glass one.:wink:
Copyofpens2011007.jpg

Copyofpens2011004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Very nice. Those are awesome looking calls. When you say stamp, is it a rubber ink stamp that you stamp on the inside of the glass?

Trux

Very nice. Those are awesome looking calls. When you say stamp, is it a rubber ink stamp that you stamp on the inside of the glass?

Yes- it is a rubber ink stamp and she used a type of ink that is permanent on glass- it is on the inside of the call too. I used an elk stamp on another one that came out nice- just need to find one that looks like a wild turkey now.

DonHo

I've noticed the turkey calls on here before. Did you get the slate as part of a kit or cut it yourself? Also are there instructions available online?

BTW, I love how they came out.

DonHo

Trux

I've noticed the turkey calls on here before. Did you get the slate as part of a kit or cut it yourself? Also are there instructions available online?

BTW, I love how they came out.

DonHo

I bought the slate and sound boards from Brookside game calls. I got the instructions from wood turning designs magazine but I think you could find some instructions on line too. The pots are easy to turn and you can customize them and the strikers. Thats for the complements.

JerrySambrook

The title intrigued me, and I was wondering if it was a replacement for brownies:eek::rolleyes:

EXCELLENT job on the calls
I have a couple of different ones, and I like the scratch calls the best for closer work.

Top Bottom