A couple of things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pyurgal

pyurgal

Here are a couple of items that I did recently.

1. A cup and ball made out of mesquite and poplar.
2. A top made out of osage orange. This turned out pretty good except the wood was a bit wet and the top developed two cracks in it but it still works fine. :)
3. An eggish shaped item. I wanted to try segmented turning and glued up a couple pieces of mesquite and canary wood. I need to get a band saw in order to make smaller segments. These are about 3/4 of an inch in width. A bit of a pain to cut when using a 10 inch miter saw. I would have liked to make the segments around 1/4 of an inch in width.
4. A bottlestopper made out of bloodwood. I have made about 10 bottlestopper tops and this is one of the better ones. When I get around to it, I will post pictures of the others.

Woodturning is very addictive. I am having so much fun doing this. For only doing this for about 6 months, I think I am doing an ok job.

Enjoy!

Paul

Attachments

• cupandball.jpg
    cupandball.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 108
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 129
  • egg_seggmented.jpg
    egg_seggmented.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 104
  • bottlestopper.jpg
    bottlestopper.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 113
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great job Paul! I've been turning for about 9 months but have only done pens. Am wanting to get into the bottle stoppers and things like coffee/ice cream scoops. I bet they're fun.

Rangertrek

Very nice, I like all of it. I like the simple but elegant shapes on bottle stoppers. Some get to carried away with coves and beads, for me the one you did is simple, clean, good shape.

pyurgal

Thank you everyone.

I like keeping things simple and clean looking when doing the stopper tops. The nice thing about doing them is that you can make a lot of them and then buy the hardware at a later time.

I have done a couple of coffee scoops and they are easy to do. I also made a ice cream scoop using the PSI kit. That was not that bad to do also. I know, they don't exist without pictures. I will post pictures of them sooner or later. :biggrin:

Here are a couple more stopper tops that I did. One is out of purpleheart and the other out of poplar. I use a lot of poplar to practice with since it is so cheap to buy and very easy to work with.

Paul

Attachments

• stoppers.JPG
    stoppers.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom