A couple of the other things I make

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaaawaz28

Kaaawaz28

Aloha Everyone
My pens are my best sellers due to the affordability,but here are a few pics of some of the other things I make.The first pic is what I call an Art Deco Ukulele,it is High Curly Koa with Curly Mango(sold)The second is my Coffin style Ukulele which is all Koa,the third and forth are the same Curly/spalted mango Jewely box.(sold) I myself love Mango probably more then koa.
Aloha Thomas

Attachments

• Art Deco Uke.jpg
    Art Deco Uke.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Hammerhead Uke.jpg
    Hammerhead Uke.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 307
  • mango jewelry box.jpg
    mango jewelry box.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 255
  • mango jewelry box 2.jpg
    mango jewelry box 2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaaawaz28

Beautiful work, how do the Ukulele's sound? if they sound as good as they look, I sure would like to be able to afford one.
The sound really depends on the person. All of them have a good sound,depending on the wood used as the sound board they have different tones. Most people love Koa because it has a nice warm sound and because it is Koa(what almost everyone uses) I have musicians that only want mango sound boards.The coffin one was the only one like it,the reason for that is it sounded like a cross between a banjo and mandolin because of the non rounded shape. It is what I call a fast strumming instrument.The faster you strum the more interesting it sounded. I did sell that this weekend at our local farmers market where I sell most of my stuff. I sold it to a tourist who plays the mandolin and loved the sound and shape.Last year I sold about 30 ukes with one comeback because the person left it in their hot car for a couple days.It was a mess.
75% of those sales are from my Sundays at the farmers market
Aloha Thomas

Kaaawaz28

Thankyou everyone for all the great comments,Got to love what you do or the love wont be there.Now if I stop being lazy I should in the next two weeks finish my ALL Purple Heart uke.Another experiment in wood
Aloha Thomas

W.Y.

WOW . . . you have shown some very nice work there and you have beautiful woods to work with.

I made a couple couple full size Martin Dreadnaught guitar copies about 40 years ago so I know how much goes in to making instruments and developing the proper sound.
Got the patterns from a luthier supplier in Saskatchewan .
Never heard of digital cameras back then and wish I had taken pictures even with a film type camera.

Top Bottom