A couple of new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigguyZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigguyZ

First time posting my work on this forum. Compliments and Criticism both welcome. The top two are the very first Sierras I've done. I definitely need to work on the line I create with the blanks. One if one of the new woodcraft acrylics, and the other is the quilted pink ivory I bought from Rockler. Then there's my first Aluminum cigar pen. I went for a polished look, but I think my next one will have a brushed finish. And lastly, there's a commissioned Olive wood pen a coworker ordered for a batmitsfah.

20071015122828_Scan597,%20October%2011,%202007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

That aluminum cigar is sharp. And the pink ivory is a great match for the sierra. Good work. After my first sierra I began turning B2B and have been much more pleased with the results.

BigguyZ

Originally posted by ligget
<br />Bushing to bushing!

OK, so straight from one bushing to the other? I'm not a big fan of relying on the bushings, and I like a little bit of curve to it. I think I'll get the hand of it in a kit or two. I'll try straight B2B though...

louisbry- what do you mean by raw material? I went to a local aluminum and steel supplier and bought some cut-offs. If you want to know what exact alloy of aluminum, I have no clue. I think it was (2) 12" 1x1 square stock, and some other pieces. It was a total of about $10-$15 total. The square stock was a pain to turn, but if you use sharp tools and go very slowly you can get it to round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom