A couple of my pens...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vallealbert

vallealbert

These two woods are my top selling here in Puerto Rico. The yellow one is West Indian Satinwood (on Executive, rhodium and Gatsby, gold TN) and the other one is Cuban Mahogany (on Executive, black TN). I do not use CA on most of my pens because here the people like the feel of the wood and its smell...specially the strong aroma of the Satinwood. Thanks for looking and any comment will be appreciate.

Alexander

Attachments

• executive aceitillo rodio.jpg
    executive aceitillo rodio.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 199
  • executive caoba nt oscuro.jpg
    executive caoba nt oscuro.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 162
  • executive rodio aceitillo y nt oscuro caoba.jpg
    executive rodio aceitillo y nt oscuro caoba.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 155
  • GATSBY ACEITILLO 1.jpg
    GATSBY ACEITILLO 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1dweeb

I really like the executive pen kit. It may overtake the sierras as my favorite. The executive just feels better in my hand. Your pens look great and I also like the more hand rubbed finish look.

omb76

Nice work! It looks like you have the fit and finish down pat! I also like the natural feel and look of the wood.

terryf

Three nice pens, the satin wood Executive looks like it has a finish on it whilst the mahogany looks quite a bit duller?

The nib end of the Gatsby looks like its turned down a tad too much or is it just the photograph?

Either way, nice pens, thanks for sharing :)

Edward Cypher

I like the look of the satin wood one. The other one looks a bit dark, a lighter color of kit might bring out the wood. Gold or silver? Just a thought.

vallealbert

Three nice pens, the satin wood Executive looks like it has a finish on it whilst the mahogany looks quite a bit duller?

The nib end of the Gatsby looks like its turned down a tad too much or is it just the photograph?

Either way, nice pens, thanks for sharing :)
You are right Terry, in that particular mahogany pen the hand rubbed finish looked dull...I already sold that pen, but I turned another one with a very similar figure, but this time I finished it with CA and what an improvement!!!!
The little distortion of the nib in the Gatsby is the photography.
The West Indian Satinwood is very oily and resinous...so hand rubbing is enough to achieve a long lasting shine.
Thanks for your comment.

vallealbert

I like the look of the satin wood one. The other one looks a bit dark, a lighter color of kit might bring out the wood. Gold or silver? Just a thought.

I prefer Mahogany with TN gold kits...but you have no idea how well I sell Mahogany with dark TN...I have never made one with silver kit...I will give a try soon. Thanks Eduard for your comment.

Top Bottom