A Couple of Mutts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TylerRiddle

TylerRiddle

Well, I finally got around to turning my newest blanks that I received from Eugene today since I was off for President's Day. The first is a Cancun Jr. Statesman that will be my wife's daily writer. She finally put her foot down and demanded a pen that was not part of my "oops" pile of pens that I wouldn't dare try to sell or give away as a gift. The second is an Orange Banskia Jr. Gent that I made for a good friend of mine in San Antonio that has been long overdue a pen from me for him helping me sell some assets of mine. After about 4 or 5 attempts at making him a pen, I think I finally hit upon a combination that I would be proud to send his way. Comments/Critiques always welcome.

Attachments

• Cancun_JrStatesman.jpg
    Cancun_JrStatesman.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 243
  • OrangeBanskiaJrGent.jpg
    OrangeBanskiaJrGent.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TylerRiddle

Ligget,

Both are finished with 8-10 coats of medium-thin CA. Somewhere in that range is how many coats I can get per one application sheet of Viva before it is used up. Standard sanding techniques beforehand, standard wet sanding techniques after, then I use some PlastX and some Ren Wax to finish the job.

The Cancun is also hands down my favorite, but there is something unique about the Banskia when you see it in sunlight. The different shades of brown and the overall patterns in it is something nice to look at as well.

Top Bottom