A couple new ornaments.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

These are both Maple burl from BigRob. Top one has finials from spalted Persimmon (white ebony ;) ) and the bottom was an OOOOPS where the inside got bigger than the outside, but not wanting anything to go to waste I figured I'd experiment and this is what I ended up with. I'm a little on the fence about it but the mrs really likes it. It has a walnut top and red elm for the "knocker".

2005103001710_maple_burl_1.jpg

2005103001733_maple_burl_bell_1.jpg

Comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Thanks fellas. I guess it is pretty mushroom-esque, but hey when it works fo rthe mrs it works for me you know [;)]
Let me tell you these little boogers are addictive, a nice change too. Seems like they will be pretty easy to sell, I was showing a guy at work the pics of my practice ones and he said he'd interested in a few of them. My wife is having a yard sale in a few weeks and I am considering putting some pens, ornaments, and maybe a few bowls too. I am only afraid people will think they are yard sale priced and try to cut it in half.

GregD

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Thanks fellas. I guess it is pretty mushroom-esque, but hey when it works fo rthe mrs it works for me you know [;)]
Let me tell you these little boogers are addictive, a nice change too. Seems like they will be pretty easy to sell, I was showing a guy at work the pics of my practice ones and he said he'd interested in a few of them. My wife is having a yard sale in a few weeks and I am considering putting some pens, ornaments, and maybe a few bowls too. <b>I am only afraid people will think they are yard sale priced and try to cut it in half.</b>

Just make up a sign saying what the price is.

BigRob777

Kevin,
Again, well done. I am excited to see the spalted white ebony looking so fabulous with your touch. I see what you mean about being on the fence about the mushroom looking one, but I also see what your wife likes about it. Nice recovery, indeed!
Isn't it awesome when one's spouse is supportive and encouraging?! I've been blessed in that area too. I just have to remember not to talk about wood, or turning all of the time.[;)]
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom