A couple mosaic pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Texatdurango

For months I have enjoyed Doc posting his mosaic pens so I decided to order some material myself and it finally arrived.

Here are the blue and brown mosaic patterns, both using Bock #6 nibs. I think the blue looks better with the Rhodium clip and polished steel hardware while the brown was crying to be finished in gold.

These pens are the larger size I make, now to make some smaller pens........... I love these blanks!

Attachments

• blue-rown-mosaic.jpg
    blue-rown-mosaic.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 394
  • brown-mosaic.jpg
    brown-mosaic.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 273
  • blue-mosaic.jpg
    blue-mosaic.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

You must be cutting these on a sled or something to keep them little pieces from becoming, well....gone. The segments are really slim, and that is what makes these pens so 'cool'.

Well turned!!!

Scott (lotta work here folks) B

Texatdurango

Scott and Skip (and anyone else who is wondering), We buy the blanks already made up.

These are acrylic blanks and have very precise joints and even if I decided to glue up some myself, I wouldn't try because I have such thin walls, especially in the section that I wouldn't trust a glue joint to hold.

IPD_Mr

Looks like that RVing did you some good. You are putting out some great product. You did a great job with the section line up.

LL Woodworks

Good Job George - although I'm not a vendor (this year) in the Dallas show next month I do plan on attending the show on Friday or Saturday. Hope to meet you there.

Top Bottom