A couple from the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from flyitfast

flyitfast

The blue and black blank is one of those "freebies" that seem to appear in Exotics packages! Thanks again! And it is a treat to cut and I'll be ordering some more of this one. It is on Hancock stainless steel hardware.
The wood is Luckenbach Cherry Burl on a Virage rollerball. Also a good cutting wood.
Will try better on the photog. The white flecks are dust that rode in on the wind while taking pictures outdoors. :mad:
Thanks for looking and I need some C&C.
gordon

Attachments

• P1010253.jpg
    P1010253.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 157
  • P1010251.jpg
    P1010251.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 144
  • P1010264.jpg
    P1010264.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010258.jpg
    P1010258.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Only problem I see is the first photo. I would have taken this photo head on to the pen and at a lower angle in order to better show off the top barrel. A vertical subject does not show good in an overhead shot. Other than that, great work and photos. Jim S

flyitfast

Only problem I see is the first photo. I would have taken this photo head on to the pen and at a lower angle in order to better show off the top barrel. A vertical subject does not show good in an overhead shot. Other than that, great work and photos. Jim S

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.
Jim, is the attached more like you suggested?
gordon

Attachments

• P1010252.jpg
    P1010252.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 88

Hendu3270

gordon

I believe he's saying to lower your camera to be more level with the pen and not shoot the photo from above.

<<<<<like my avatar:biggrin:

and I think the pens look awesome. I love pens turned from burl and the blue "freebie" has the "POWWW!!!!!" factor. Great job on both.

Last edited:

flyitfast

gordon

I believe he's saying to lower your camera to be more level with the pen and not shoot the photo from above.

<<<<<like my avatar:biggrin:

and I think the pens look awesome. I love pens turned from burl and the blue "freebie" has the "POWWW!!!!!" factor. Great job on both.

Got it! I'm kinda slow to understand things but I'm learning:bulgy-eyes:. I'll give it a try. Great avatar!
Appreciate comments on pens.

Top Bottom