A couple done today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

I bought a couple burl cap blanks from Oldfox a little while back and decided to turn one. The burl is on a Comfort pen kit with a CA finish.
The second is another mesquite blank that I got in the wild. Not as nice as the first mesquite pen I turned, but decent. It's on a slimline kit with a CA finish. Hope you like!

Attachments

• side one.jpg
    side one.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 279
  • side two.jpg
    side two.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 289
  • side one.jpg
    side one.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 238
  • side two.jpg
    side two.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Heck Bobby, nothing wrong with either one. I'm kinda partial to the Mesquite. Love that wood!
Thanks Tom! The last mesquite one I did had some nice grain, this one started off nice but wound up turning the good looking stuff off. Lol I'm gonna do another one tomorrow for a friend and it looks good, just hope it winds up with a nice looking grain.

PenPal

Bobby ,struck by your presentation and yes I understand so well as you turn and greatness turns to ordinary however the reverse does happen just as often to me.The first pen hits all the rightly deserved admiration,with a finish way above normal to kick goals and see the stars come out of it.

Kind regards Peter.

bsshog40

Bobby ,struck by your presentation and yes I understand so well as you turn and greatness turns to ordinary however the reverse does happen just as often to me.The first pen hits all the rightly deserved admiration,with a finish way above normal to kick goals and see the stars come out of it.

Kind regards Peter.
I hear ya Peter. And thanks!

TonyL

Nice job! I have been turning so much, I haven't played my guitar. Played until my figures bled yesterday. Have a great one.

bsshog40

Nice job! I have been turning so much, I haven't played my guitar. Played until my figures bled yesterday. Have a great one.
That's funny Tony. After I got done turning yesterday I picked up my guitar and played for about an hour. Lol

howsitwork

Bobby

like the first one , the second doesn't seem quite upto your normal standards? Then again. as you say sometimes the great grain is sadly outside the diameter you need for the finished pen and the plain stuff is near the tube!

Sometimes you're the pigeon and other times you're the statue but the more practice the more pigeon time you get 😁

bsshog40

Bobby

like the first one , the second doesn't seem quite upto your normal standards? Then again. as you say sometimes the great grain is sadly outside the diameter you need for the finished pen and the plain stuff is near the tube!

Sometimes you're the pigeon and other times you're the statue but the more practice the more pigeon time you get 😁
Yea I was a little surprised because it looked really nice before I turned it. The thing about mesquite though, you never know what it will look like until it's turned. Lol

Top Bottom