A Corian Cigar for Mom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

This is my first atempt at Corian. I got some blanks from a gentleman on the woodnet forum (Grumpa Steve) and he threw this blank in. As I was making Grumpa Steve's Coffee Bean Pen, my Mom stopped by and saw the Corian blank sitting on my bench and she picks it up and says "I'll take that on this pen kit." So, Mom get's what she wants. Mom likes the bigger pen kits because of her arthritis. The color of the pen just happens to match her jacket perfectly :wink:

CorianCigarPen004.jpg

I am glad I don't turn this everyday! This is some hard stuff on the tools. Had to sharpen several times during the turning. It does finish nice once it is turned.

Thanks fo looking,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Farr

Very nice pen you have there John. I have a question. How thick was the corian? All of the pens that I have turned out of it have been slimlines because it is usually pretty thin.

JWS Penworks

Very nice pen you have there John. I have a question. How thick was the corian? All of the pens that I have turned out of it have been slimlines because it is usually pretty thin.
Don,

I think it was three pieces laminated. It was about an inch square maybe larger. It took forever it seemed to turn down to size.

Thanks,
John

dasimm

Very nice... If I could count the number of times my wife/daughter/mother said that to me I would probably be smarter than a 5th grader... If I could count that high...

- David

Top Bottom