A Collaboration with my 6 year old son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone! Time to give another pen some love on the forum. My Sons head is blowing up from all the attention now, ha ha ha.

Best wishes everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Wow,
It is really beautiful!!! You have a real Picasso there ! Love it! You should have him do one for a drawing pencil for himself.
Alice

firewhatfire

I have only been able to look at it from my phone since it was posted. I am now where I can see it full size, I agree he has enough admirers here that he can buy the entire star wars collection with the money he can make selling tubes.

Phil

wiset1

I have only been able to look at it from my phone since it was posted. I am now where I can see it full size, I agree he has enough admirers here that he can buy the entire star wars collection with the money he can make selling tubes.

Phil

Funny!!:biggrin:

Work has me doing some traveling so when I get back he and I will do some more castings and post them here. I'm sure it will drive him to make more knowing that there are potential Star Wars toys at the end of it all, ha ha ha. Thanks again everyone! Little man says "Tell them I said Thanks Daddy". There it is:)

wiset1

It's funny to see this post pop back up on the forum. Most of the times these threads have a way of just filtering down to the bottom, but this one came back up for air :biggrin: My son will be happy to see that people are still talking about his pen!

Thanks everyone

wizard

Tim, I'm really glad this did post did pop back for air. Not sure how I missed it. The good thing is that it did pop up and I LOVE IT!!!. Tim, they grow up quick and the house gets a little quieter. That pen is a precious keepsake that will bring a smile to your face in the many years to come when he has gone to make his own life. Treasure these years and the time like this that you spend together creating things. Regards, Doc:)
P.S. I can't imagine where he got his artistic talent:biggrin:.

wiset1

Tim, I'm really glad this did post did pop back for air. Not sure how I missed it. The good thing is that it did pop up and I LOVE IT!!!. Tim, they grow up quick and the house gets a little quieter. That pen is a precious keepsake that will bring a smile to your face in the many years to come when he has gone to make his own life. Treasure these years and the time like this that you spend together creating things. Regards, Doc:)
P.S. I can't imagine where he got his artistic talent:biggrin:.

I hear you Doc! I had offers, but I will never sell this pen. There's just something so great about doing stuff with your kids...let's face it, as we get older and they move away the memories are all we'll have left.

tkbarron

That is WAY cool! The kid has more artistic ability than I can ever hope for. You should be very proud of him.

BTW, I hear child labor laws are pretty lax in Virginia. Put him to work!!

Tom

IPD_Mr

The interesting thing is the blank has some depth to it. The colors are not blended they are layered. I have never been fond of the abstract, but this I like. It looks like an adult did it not a six year old. You and he should be very proud.

PenPal

Tim,

I am living life in a bubble for a while and just picked this up. When I was 17 yrs old I met my wife, why am I mentioning this well its cause when she was as young she went to a tiny school (one teacher) in a village just out of town limits, her teacher saved and collected her illustrations from school books,assignments etc with permission as a family friend. At this time of meeting she had won the Cities Art Open Competition giving her a scholarship to Sydney to learn Art formally.

Now this teacher and later ex teacher stayed in touch until aged 92 yrs birthdays and Xmas with friendly cards, greetings some face to face meetings with us, his children still firm friends with us. She is now 75 yrs you have brought back some great memories for me,
including our meeting 59 yrs ago.

The effect of simple acts can have eternal effects one such for me viewing your combined efforts in creation of that pen in particular, beautiful colours so stimulating yet completely tasteful. Please congratulate your son as I congratulate you (with respect). You demonstrate remarkable restraint as you continue to amaze me setting a remarkable example to us all how to share, with 48 GC including 27 GGC I have been priviliged to share with my mob so many wonderful occassions so yes I understand what this means to you and your wife.

By now you know the effect your posts have on me, thank you.

Kindest regards Peter.

Braquel

Very cool

Great job including your son..you never know where it could take him. First piece of art at 6 years old with dad's help too boot. Creating memories and making some awesome pieces of art in the process!

JD Combs Sr

Tim I was reading through this post and until the "popped back up" comment I hadn't looked at the date of the OP. Question - how many Star-Wars toys has he earned by now? ;-)

wiset1

Tim I was reading through this post and until the "popped back up" comment I hadn't looked at the date of the OP. Question - how many Star-Wars toys has he earned by now? ;-)

Oh yeah, he's good! He has plenty of Star Wars toys and has since moved onto like 100 other things that he either wants or has seen on TV. When we were in Germany with the military we had AFN or Armed Forces Network and they don't show commercials so he had no idea what was out there. Now that we're back in the U.S. he's on commercial overload. It's like his favorite thing to do...forget the shows, I want to watch commercials so I can see all the toys I want :biggrin: He's a good kid so he has a grip of toys, ha ha ha.

Top Bottom