A Carpenter's Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Made this for a friend who is a carpenter. Hope he likes it. Something a little different. It is a Ultimate Cigar kit. Wrapped in 2 different wood grain vinyls. The cap has a woodworkers style watch dial with small tools as the hands on the dial. I thought that was cool. I also used small watch gears around the edges of the tube and put Fern Green crystals in the centers.

The lower barrel has a lighter colored burl wood grain vinyl and is wrapped with various tools. Saw, hammer, and screw driver. these are charms or earrings I bought off etsy. Bent them and they work well with the theme. I am into a mode of making themed watch part pens these days. So many ideas out there. You name it there is a watch dial for it. I buy the watches off ebay and you can find them relatively cheap. Working on a couple more.

Anyway, thanks for looking and any comments or questions are always welcomed. Happy Pen Making.

IMGP0607.JPG Carpenter pen #3.JPG
IMGP0604.JPG Carpenter pen #2.JPG
IMGP0602.JPG Carpenter pen #1.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Awesome pen, where did you get the metal saw, hammer and screw driver?
I spend alot of time and money I guess on Etsy. Plug in words and sites come up and ideas pop in my head. But basically all these small charms and raw brass items are from sites on Etsy.

MPVic

Made this for a friend who is a carpenter. Hope he likes it. Something a little different. It is a Ultimate Cigar kit. Wrapped in 2 different wood grain vinyls. The cap has a woodworkers style watch dial with small tools as the hands on the dial. I thought that was cool. I also used small watch gears around the edges of the tube and put Fern Green crystals in the centers.

The lower barrel has a lighter colored burl wood grain vinyl and is wrapped with various tools. Saw, hammer, and screw driver. these are charms or earrings I bought off etsy. Bent them and they work well with the theme. I am into a mode of making themed watch part pens these days. So many ideas out there. You name it there is a watch dial for it. I buy the watches off ebay and you can find them relatively cheap. Working on a couple more.

Anyway, thanks for looking and any comments or questions are always welcomed. Happy Pen Making.

View attachment 369593View attachment 369594View attachment 369595
Outstanding, John!!!!! How incredibly unique! Your friend will be thrilled I'm sure!!

jrista

Fantastic work, John! That is truly a woodworker's pen! That little yellow rule/square in the clock is awesome. Nicely done.

Really John, you're going to give this to a carpenter? I sure hope he appreciates the beauty in this pen and keeps it off the job site, otherwise he might loose it to some one else. This is a beautiful pen and would be kept with my collection if it was mine. Great job John!!! This is a beauty for sure.

Top Bottom