A busy weekend of making pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Everything and more can be found here
newton pens | Buy a pen. Give an imagination.
:)

On to the show! :D

First - a button filler. This will end up with a Pel M800 nib as soon as I get my fancy new tap in the mail. Hopefully it'll show up this week.
img_3297.jpg

A student pen with some pretty tobacco leaf acrylic.
img_3272.jpg

My first pen made from this orange crush stuff. Really pretty. Would be nicer with some black accents.
img_3280.jpg

A black flat top for a customer. Stub gold nib.
img_3282.jpg

img_3286.jpg

Student pen - twin to the one above. I'm going to give this to a student to paint something pretty on it. Hopefully she can sell it online and make a few bucks. She's incredibly talented and I'd really like to start putting her work on my pens. It would be really cool and it would be some extra cash for her. I'm not sure how I'll seal it when it's painted though. Any ideas?
img_3290.jpg

And the customer twin to the orange crush above. Customer wanted a certain shape. :)
img_3291.jpg

img_3294.jpg

And here's the mess from the orange rubber pen. :biggrin:
img_32602.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Your work is always outstanding,wow!!!

My favorite is the orange crush one,that just looks so amazing & pretty.

That's something how big of a mess the rubber pen made!

Steve

theidlemind

I'd really like to start putting her work on my pens. It would be really cool and it would be some extra cash for her. I'm not sure how I'll seal it when it's painted though. Any ideas?

Give her the completed, polished pen unassembled and let her do her thing.
Then put a CA finish on top of it and assemble.
Yay, now you get to learn CA finishing!:bananen_smilies051:

watch_art

Shawn, beautiful pens! Do you still fool with PR pens much or have you gone to custom pens only?

I still make PR customs. :) I've got a few in my queue right now. I think the next 4 or 5 will be from PR.

And CA for the paint huh? Hmmm..... I need to finally buy some accelerator.

watch_art

Thanks!

And heck yeah I was busy. Whoo! I'm feelin it too. I need to do more in the evenings so I'm not so swamped on the weekends.

The next two or three will be made from your blanks. :)

Last edited:

InvisibleMan

Yeah, it's definitely good to get a little something done when time allows on the week nights. Really takes the edge off the weekends. Plus, I find my weekends never seem to work out the way I want. I was geared up to get a ton done this weekend, then boom. Stomach virus. Lovely.

BSea

Very cool Shawn. I think my favorite is the orange crush. And as far as using accelerator, I think you'd better try a sample of CA over what she's painted. I might have a few (dozen) scrap blanks that you can practice on. :rolleyes:

My thinking is that the accelerator might turn up the heat too much, and cause the paint to bubble. And I'd only use medium, not thin. Thin gets a lot hotter than medium. At least in my experience.

Top Bottom