A boost for the Pens for servicemen post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

As much as I would love to send in 40 or 50 pens to this program, I just don't have the time (or the money) to put it together right now. But.... Like Gary, I have plenty of wood, and some extra antler to boot.

So.... Here's my deal. For the first half dozen people who post me their address and commit to send Gary 5 pens by the end of August, I will send you 5 whitetail antler blanks and 5 black cherry blanks to turn into the pens. All are about 2.25 inches long and at least big enough to drill for a 7mm tube, some much bigger. I kept 10 for myself to work on, so let's get turning!

James

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
James, if I have the time right now I'd be happy to help. But too many irons in the fire right now with two grandkids on the way, painting the house and gearing up for my fall shows.

jskeen

Actually I have gotten 3 reply's to this offer, so we're half way there. Surely there are 3 more folks out there that are interested.

James

jskeen

Folks,

I've already responded back to the first 6 takers on this offer. I'm going to hit up my local taxidermist shop next week and see if I can round up a couple more antlers. If i'm successfull, I'll post how many sets I get out of it, notify numbers 7, 8 and 9 who have already posted to this thread, and let it be known how many additional sets I will have.

Thanks for the Interest.

M

Mudder

Blanks arrived today. I'm going to start on them this weekend.

PaulDoug

Well I finished mine today. Hope these pass, I'm a novice. I will get them in the mail this next week. Errr, where do you want me to send them?

Attachments

• mini-Pens_30-34_8-2008.jpg
    mini-Pens_30-34_8-2008.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 100

Russianwolf

got my blanks and drilled them (lost one antler when the drill came through the side) along with blanks for 20 others. Have the kits from Don Woods and will get to turning them this week.

M

Mudder

Mine are done

I finished mine today and I'll be sending them out once they have had a couple of days for the finish to cure. I was only able to make 4 pens from the material supplied because I had a piece of antler split in half while drilling so I am sending 4 more from my stock to supplement.

Hope you like them.

Attachments

• Boost.jpg
    Boost.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Suppliment.jpg
    Suppliment.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 82

Gary Max

Thanks Mudder---They look great
--I hope some other folks where able to get some made this weekend.
Right now we are short of 300 pens or just over half way to 500:biggrin:

spitfire

I know I was a little slow but I got mine done this weekend and will be sending them out today or tomorrow. Thanks Jason

Top Bottom