a bit of community building

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

As you can see by my post count. im a new member. First and foremost i would like to say thank you to absolutely everyone who posts on these forums, as its nice to see so many others which are interested in the one hobby i have. Not only that, the vast amount of information everyone shares, with constructive critisism and guidance without slander and flaming makes a refreshing change from many sites.

I have some things here i have no use for which im sure other members could put to good use such as:

10 or so wooden blanks,
20 x 7mm brass tubes,
20 x 8mm tubes
1 x pen i have created.

And i would like to give these away to a member. I was thinking of doing a little competition for them, and while i appreciate these are nothing grand, i dont have any idea on what could be proposed to win them?

Any ideas everyone has would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Brad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

How about just give them all to me!:) Just kidding. How about putting names in a hat or something. I'm sure someone will have some good ideas!

terryf

Why not do a $2 or $5 raffle with proceeds to IAP and then draw a name as the winner. That way you cover shipping to final destination at no cost to yourself and nett profits to the site.

BradG

Both good ideas. im sure an administrator could help with Terry's idea. I don't mind paying shipping myself however, that's not an issue at all.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Many thanks.
I have sent a message to wdcav1952, after spotting the thread in IAP fundraising

Cav is no longer the correct person. As Andrew pointed out you need to get in touch with Mike (mbroberg). Good luck with things.

Landon

BradG

I am pleased to say the raffle will be going ahead once all the details have been finalised with Mike. Details will be posted in the Fundraising forum in the near future.

The items for the winner of the raffle are as follows:
sany0123f.jpg

A selection of spalted Ash & HM blanks, and a couple of walnut
20 x 8mm tubes
20 x 7mm tubes
And, one of my favourite pens i have turned from Aluminium

Top Bottom