A Belated Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
While I was away visiting the middle east, I brought a Rikon mini lathe and some tools with me so I could turn some pens and stuff. I had no idea it would have been as popular as it was and I wound up leaving everything with my unit so they could turn. I am still sending over kits and predrilled and squared blanks to them. While I was there, my brother Johnnie was taking care of setting everything up and shipping materials over to us. While looking for something a bit different from the usual wood, he came across a guy that made some very unique blanks. He got together with him and was able to purchase a good number of them for us, but the other gentleman threw in a good number of extra handmade blanks for us as well. I was supposed to try and get a picture of my CO accepting a pen with one of the blanks he made. It just didn't work out that way, we never had the time to take a picture before he retired. But I wanted to say thank you my brother for doing as much as he did and to Bruce Egolf for his help with the blanks he made for us. Bruce is still making some beautiful blanks and has really stepped up to his ability as an artist. This is all coming around because I opened a package that was delivered this week and found a broken Birch Bark Cigar pen in it. I will try to fix the pen and get it back out to the owner, but just getting it back brought back some good memories from a bad time. Bruce and Johnnie, Thank You both for making it just a bit better for a lot of guys that were in a place they didn't want to be in but were. SEMPER FI

Top Bottom