978 Piece 360 Heringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TribalRR

a bit brighter

I lightened it up to see a bit more detail, it is a stunning pen and an equally talented execution.
Photo could be a hair brighter, but it doesn't take away from the incredible craftsmanship!

Attachments

• Hbone.jpg
    Hbone.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Fantastic pen and a fitting tribute to am amazing artist. You did yourself and Eagle proud. it is amazing how much of his ideology has been so well fulfilled. Thank you for sharing how much he still touches this craft.

jttheclockman

We are talking about a 2008 entry and I guess it still looks good today. I wonder how he made out in the contest???

Jon-wx5nco

That is stunning! I hope you made a video or a written tutorial with pics on how to do make one. That is simply amazing :RockOn:

Freethinker

Thanks for the response concerning the glue, and the trick of wrapping with gauze and soaking with CA before drilling.

I want to attempt a similar blank. I plan to use a piece of really dark Gaboon ebony I got while in Chicago, cut into approx. 12" X 3/4" X 1/8" strips and then glue 12" long strips of aluminum to the ebony strips before cutting them to length and assembling the individual pieces.

If it turns out half as spectacular as yours, I'll be happy.

PenMan1

Man, If I made pens like that one, I'd need a hobby to get away from the pressure of, well, my penturning hobby.

Very nice work. I still think just piling crap in a mold is easier than gluing a bunch of crap together:)

Top Bottom