$730,000 Pen for SALE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

You must have to much money and no brain to buy this pen, prefer to buy one from our IAP fellow, I think 75% of the price going for the name of Montblanc and Van Cleef & Arpels as usual

wudnhed

Is there a payment plan for this pen??? I'm sorry but it's too busy for me and I don't think I would pay that much for anything unless it's land. That is just my opinion and mine only.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I think it's inspirational. As for the price, it's absurd unless you figure that there are over 500 billionaires in the world. In that case, a purchase like that is less than 1/10 of 1% of their wealth. Putting that in relative perspective, that's the equivalent of selling a $73 pen to someone worth $100,000...only the persono with $1 billion has a LOT more disposable assets. [:D]

baldysm

A few years ago Pen World had an article about the most expensive pen. It was a $900,000 pen, solid sterling with rows of diamonds IIRC. It was on the cover.

Visconti was planning on coming out with a $1,000,000 pen, but I have not heard anything in awhile.

TAld

alamocdc Posted - Feb 13 2007 : 12:22:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I find it gaudy. If this pen was the same price as Bruce Boone's Spyra and I could afford it, I'd get the Spyra

Billy, I agree with you.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />..... In that case, a purchase like that is <s>less than </s>1/10 of 1% of their wealth. Putting that in relative perspective, that's the equivalent of selling a $73 pen to someone worth $100,000...only the persono with $1 billion has a LOT more disposable assets. [:D]

Gee Lou, your maths stinks[}:)]

1/10 of 1% of a billion is 1 million, can I have the $270 000 change?

I'm just messing with you, but us Brits ( we invented the word BTW ) KNOW that a billion IS actually a million million, where you guys are happy with JUST a thousand million.[:D]

Jewels aside, I agree with most that the pen is not worth that kind of money.

On a really serious note though, it saddened me to see Becca having to qualify her reply.[:(]

Becca, if someone doesn't agree with you, well just stuff'em!!!
Or just call me and I'll cyber bully them for a bit.[:(!]

wudnhed

Skiprat, thanks for the offer, but don't feel bad for me, I can probably hold my own. I just really don't care for that pen but in saying so, don't want to hurt anyone feelings either. I like to come here to learn and have fun at no one's expense but my own, hopefully[:p][:D]

Ozzy

If I had that kind of money to throw around, I would build my dream shop and stock it with everything I could ever need to make any kind of pen out of anything I could think of.

txcwboy

The pen is no longer available, I bought it.I gave it to one of the latino carpenters across the street to mark his wood with [:D]

Dave

wudnhed

I know Juan, he's a friend of mine. Saw him yesterday, said he didn't like the pen either. He gave it to me for the Trivia contest as a prize. I hope Loser Al answers a question right[:D][}:)][;)]

BigRob777

Peter,
Sure thing. I turn one every day. In fact, I tossed out one today, because I had to put an oops diamond on it.[:eek:)][;)]
I doubt if I've made that much money in my whole life, but I'm working on it.
Rob

Rifleman1776

Personally, I think it has a bad case of the 'ughs', not pretty. But someone will buy it. Remember the spread between the 'haves' and everyone else is about ten to twenty times wider than ever in American history. When an executive is fired because he did a lousy job and is paid a $200 million parting settlement, something is askew. There was a $15 million wedding dress shown on the news the other day. Someone actually ordered it. The problem in selling something very expensive is to actually make contact with a prospective buyer. I'd love to know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom