6XL Turning smock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DigBaddy72

I am a larger man and am having a VERY hard time finding a size 6XL woodturners smock. Do they even go this big? I've never used one, but am tired of wiping down my t-shirts and cleaning off wood chips from my hairy arms.

If no one knows of a place to get one, is there anything I could use in place of a smock?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

I am in the same boat... I have been using an old Columbia "Fishing style" shirt that buttons up to the top, and it has been working ok

Rchan63

Well I do not need a 6XL smock, but I'm cheap. So I'm using a unlined nylon wind breaker I got for free :). It's light weight and have elastic cuff.

Charlie_W

You might need to get two smocks and combine to get the fit you need.

About 45 years ago jn high school, they were doing the senior portraits. One classmate needed to have two jackets. One on each arm to get the pic.

The windbreaker is a good idea as well as a nylon rain coat.

Good luck on your quest.

liljohn1368

In my business I have to buy a lots of different size shirts a things. Let me check with some of my vendors and see what I can come up with. Give me a few days to check it out and I'll reply back here....

DigBaddy72

Thanks liljohn1368! I checked their site out but a 58 is too small. I need something around 62-64.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Since I don't do much woodturning, I may have to make some regular visits to grandma's house and learn some sewing techniques in order to make my own.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Thanks liljohn1368! I checked their site out but a 58 is too small. I need something around 62-64. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Since I don't do much woodturning, I may have to make some regular visits to grandma's house and learn some sewing techniques in order to make my own.

I have a source for a 6x but it's at home. I'll pm info later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom