6 Pack Green and Black Alumilite Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD!

I had cast these a bit more translucent than usual, originally intending them to be for a bespoke pen maker. We decided to go a different route and since I promised the wife I'd not spend so much time in front of the lathe I figure I better sell them. My pen blanks are made from mica powder and real diamond dust. (Yes, it's real diamond. No, it won't hurt your tools)

These are made just like my usual pen blanks but not quite as opaque. Simply means you absolutely MUST paint the inside of the blank (you can paint the tube too but seriously, you get better results painting the blank!) so that it doesn't show through. For this color combination I typically use black, but green would work too. These are 3 color blanks with 2 different greens (one of which is actually two tone) and black.

Price: $40 shipped. (Normal price would be ~$60 with shipping)

Pictures are actual blanks + a pen turned from my normal version of these. These are cast in the fantastic HDPE molds by Tom Barron. They measure 5.25" x ~7/8". They come out of the mold squared on 3 sides, I have not trimmed them up any beyond that.

Attachments

• NightJungleBoltAction-4.jpg
    NightJungleBoltAction-4.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20180115_111655.jpg
    IMG_20180115_111655.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Mintman

I had cast these a bit more translucent than usual, originally intending them to be for a bespoke pen maker. We decided to go a different route and since I promised the wife I'd not spend so much time in front of the lathe I figure I better sell them. My pen blanks are made from mica powder and real diamond dust. (Yes, it's real diamond. No, it won't hurt your tools)

These are made just like my usual pen blanks but not quite as opaque. Simply means you absolutely MUST paint the inside of the blank (you can paint the tube too but seriously, you get better results painting the blank!) so that it doesn't show through. For this color combination I typically use black, but green would work too. These are 3 color blanks with 2 different greens (one of which is actually two tone) and black.

Price: $40 shipped. (Normal price would be ~$60 with shipping)

Pictures are actual blanks + a pen turned from my normal version of these. These are cast in the fantastic HDPE molds by Tom Barron. They measure 5.25" x ~7/8". They come out of the mold squared on 3 sides, I have not trimmed them up any beyond that.
Tim,

I'll take these.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom