Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I made these last Thursday but was down south of the border in Montana for three days on a mini holiday and never got a chance to take pictures of them until I got home today.
I had never tried these before and I was a little shocked at the size of those cartridges when I got the kits.
They do stand up nicely on an end and might look "kool" on somebody's desk .
Just another type of novelty pen to add to my collection. .
One is purple plum wood and the other is figured hard maple , both finished with BLO/CA .
Both have double application of sprayed lacquer on the brass parts.

381571386.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tuba707

Are those the .50 BMG rounds? If they are, you should include something for scale so people can see how huge they are! Those will make a statement, that is for sure =) Nice work.

mtgrizzly52

William,

You did a nice job on that 50 cal pen. I really don't like the 50 cal kits, but that one turned out really nice.

By the way, you were in Montana and didn't stop to say howdy? Oh My! *LOL* If you ever get to Whitefish, let me know.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

W.Y.

William,

You did a nice job on that 50 cal pen. I really don't like the 50 cal kits, but that one turned out really nice.

By the way, you were in Montana and didn't stop to say howdy? Oh My! *LOL* If you ever get to Whitefish, let me know.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Thanks for the comments.

Actually Rick, wish I had known . We were in Kalispell and as you know that is not far from Whitefish.
Oh well , maybe another time. :wink:

bitshird

Bill, I'm not a lover of the kits, but I've sold all 3 I've made, mine had the copper clad projectiles but I think I like yours with the wood bullets better.

mtgrizzly52

Thanks for the comments.

Actually Rick, wish I had known . We were in Kalispell and as you know that is not far from Whitefish.
Oh well , maybe another time. :wink:

Just let me know you are coming, and maybe we could do dinner or such. Send me a PM and I'll adjust my schedule accordingly as I travel quite a bit for my job.

Rick

maxman400

William those look Great, Thanks for the info on where you got them,they are cheaper than where I was getting them. I have made 12 of them so far 3 gifts that led to the 9 sales. They go over really well with Law Enforcement.

Top Bottom