50 Complete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

For those of you that saw the 10.........Here is the 50 complete. They will be sent to the engraver today. It was a fun effort and took about 35 hours to complete.

200524165739_50A.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Excellent work John!!! Wow, 35 hours---sounds pretty quick for the nice pens and detail work you did on them---does that include your time cutting, drilling, and gluing tubes??

Deere41h

Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Excellent work John!!! Wow, 35 hours---sounds pretty quick for the nice pens and detail work you did on them---does that include your time cutting, drilling, and gluing tubes??

It does include prep. Prep was about 7 hours of the 35. I got so that it took an average of 1/2 hour per pen. Including turning, finish, assy. and final Ren wax. It does not include trip to Cury Woods to by the wood.

G

Nice pen X 50[:D]

Many years ago I was interested in "Chip carving" I took a couple of books out of the Library on the subject.
One book had a story of a woodcarver who made a wooden bird that was seen by a boutique shop owner.
The store owner asked how much he would charge her for 20 of the birds.

The wood carver gave it some tought and replied the first 3 will cost $10.00 apiece.
The rest will cost $25.00 a piece.
The store owner said that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it cost more for a larger volume?
THe wood carver replied, maybe so but after the first couple, I get bored and they become "work"
[xx(]

daledut

Fantastic!!! I don't think I could make that many that look so much the same. That is on reason I tell everyone my pens are one-of-a-kind creations, because I have trouble doing it twice.[:)]

Deere41h

Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />Nice pen X 50[:D]

Many years ago I was interested in "Chip carving" I took a couple of books out of the Library on the subject.
One book had a story of a woodcarver who made a wooden bird that was seen by a boutique shop owner.
The store owner asked how much he would charge her for 20 of the birds.

The wood carver gave it some tought and replied the first 3 will cost $10.00 apiece.
The rest will cost $25.00 a piece.
The store owner said that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it cost more for a larger volume?
THe wood carver replied, maybe so but after the first couple, I get bored and they become "work"
[xx(]

Eagle .... That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it with me. My wife and I are involved in woodcarving as well. She really liked it and can relate to what it says. There were times the the 50 seemed like work but for the most part I really enjoyed doing them. I have a feeling that I will be asked to make many more in the near future. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom